My book will be going to press soon

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
I signed a publishing contract with my publisher back in November. In January I got my copy of the contract counter-signed by him along with a laundry list of things to do in preparation for print and distribution. It seems I finally have all of those items accomplished: my marketing plan is completed, photo for the jacket is completed (taken today. that took the longest. I was a such a procrastinator...I'm not photogenic folks)...etcetera...

Hopefully Faceless will be hitting the shelves soon. I'm anxious to see it bound and in print, but I'm burned out as well. I'm working on a new manuscript right now. Well, actually, yeah, burn out. I haven't touched my current manuscript in probably six weeks or better...burn out...I need to find some motivation. Maybe when I see Faceless in print, bound, with MY ugly mug on the jacket...maybe that will be motivating...

I signed a publishing contract with my publisher back in November. In January I got my copy of the contract counter-signed by him along with a laundry list of things to do in preparation for print and distribution. It seems I finally have all of those items accomplished: my marketing plan is completed, photo for the jacket is completed (taken today. that took the longest. I was a such a procrastinator...I'm not photogenic folks)...etcetera...

Hopefully Faceless will be hitting the shelves soon. I'm anxious to see it bound and in print, but I'm burned out as well. I'm working on a new manuscript right now. Well, actually, yeah, burn out. I haven't touched my current manuscript in probably six weeks or better...burn out...I need to find some motivation. Maybe when I see Faceless in print, bound, with MY ugly mug on the jacket...maybe that will be motivating...
Jason,
Saved my 1000th post for you.  I'll be lookin' for a signed copy!

Kill!
Semper Fi - Bro.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "1K"|1113186626 -->

Hey there, Mr. Brown!

Faceless is a fictional novella of the fantasy/horror genre. The protagonist, Jacob, searches for the abductor(s) of his niece. In his search for the antagonist(s), he discovers more than what he ever might have dreamed.

Mammon, a demon spawned of theologic mythology, is twisted into the plot. I took a bit of literary license with molding Mammon, though I changed him only slightly. I very much hope the book is enjoyed, though there will be those who revile it, I'm sure.
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113186621 -->

Jason,
Saved my 1000th post for you.  I'll be lookin' for a signed copy!

Kill!
Semper Fi - Bro.
You can count on it Shawn! Thanks bro.
beerchug.gif

Semper Fi!

I'll look for it, where will it be on sale?
If all goes as planned it should be on the shelves at pretty much any major book chain: Book World, Borders, B&N. My publisher distributes through both Ingram and Baker and Taylor. Between those two distributors it should be shelved at all major book stores. My goal is to get a few copies shelved in other stores such as: Wal Mart, Shopko, K-Mart, Pick-N-Save, Copps, and the like. Places where folks shop but also browse for books.

I think the difficult thing to overcome is that although my book will be published and assigned an ISBN, no book store is obligated to shelve my book. For instance, B&N will screen my book prior to even considering shelving it. If they don't think it will sell, they won't shelve it. If I beg they might shelve one or two copies...way in the back, with the other destined-to-be-returned-to-the-publisher books.
smile.gif

So, we'll see. My publisher sends out 300 promotional copies to book stores, reviewers, and the like. I probably won't make but peanuts off this book. But it's a start. At least I won't lose anything. My publisher owns all rights and invests his cheddar in it from here on out. And at least now on my portfolio I can purport that I have been published. Maybe a bigger publisher or an agent accepting freshman authors will pick me up at some point.

By the by, I penned and published this book under the pen name Alexander Brogan. I will more than likely keep that pen name...so watch for it. You know, in case the rights on this manuscript or my next are bought out in the future to be adapted for the big screen...good God Almighty, wouldn't that be great.
crazy.gif

Congratulations on the book deal. They don't just give those away. I will be looking for the book to be released.

congrats...
beerchug.gif

I would definetly want buy one of those ...
biggrin.gif
...A signed copy of course

Back