Killer northwest roads

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I'm always searching for that perfect stretch of asphalt. You know, the one that after you've completed it, ya gotta turn around and do it again? Even if its 500 miles from the days destination, and its already 2pm? The stretches that have the adrenaline pumping so high that you tell yourself.....DAMN, that was better than sex! (no kiddn', it does exist!) Well, there are plenty of those roads here in the northwest. I've been on lots already, but there are tons more I havent experienced yet. If anyone is heading my way and wants to maximize the ride....let me know!
M

Welcome to the board.
biggrin.gif

mjn: Columbia River Gorge. from I-5 to who knows how many miles east. Just ride it. Amazing scenery, amazing twisties... lots of riders take it.

wa side? Yea, how about take it to Roosevelt, go north up to bickleton, then back west thru goldendale and back around to gorge. Awesome ride, great twisties. Be careful of gravel between Bickleton & goldendale. Or how about North cascades hwy thru twisp, omak, to tonasket, across to republic then South. This is a ride you wont soon forget!
m

Welcome to the board. Don't have many twisty roads here in IL, but we at least have some decent roads with some scenery. Oh well, guess I'll have to live with that for now.

havoc-not sure what you mean, "how far do you want to travel" I've got tuesdays & wednsdays off ea week. I plan on exploring as often as I can...
m

Welcome to the board. was up in Oregon for six months, some of the road going to the coast from I-5 are fantastic... down here in NM we have some awesome roads... highway 14 comes to mind immediately. Nobody on the road under 90mph and for the bikes there are some high speed turns (100+) that run right into some wicked twisties (65mph or less, depending on your experience)...

Back