THIS COP SHOULD BE GONE, NOT A 2 WEEK VACATION...

tdrcomm

Donating Member
Registered
ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IF ENOUGH RESPONSE IS CONJURED, GUARANTEED
http://www.petitiononline.com/Peasley/petition.html

You all may find this interesting. This just baffles me! All bikers (sportbike, cruisers, Harleys, metrics) have to stick together on this one and get this guy off the job. I'm in freakin' advertising and if I talked to a dirt-bag client like that I'd be looking for a new job tomorrow. Why is this guy so different?  

Posted on Tue, Mar. 22, 2005, Associated Press:

"LISBON, Conn. - A state trooper was suspended for 15 days without pay after he was recorded on a 911 tape saying "too bad" to a caller seeking help for a man injured in a motorcycle accident.

State police said the dismissive answer by Trooper Robert Peasley did not affect the response time to the accident involving Justin Sawyer, 21, who died of a severe head injury a week after the crash last August. Peasley was suspended on Monday.

Russell Shepard, a friend of Sawyer's, called 911, which was routed to the state police barracks in Montville. When he reported the accident, Peasley said, "Yeah ... too bad," and hung up, according to a tape obtained by WTNH-TV.

Shepard said he was shocked, believing he reached a wrong number.

Another friend made a second call. "Yeah," the officer responded. "Help will get there. Shouldn't be playing games."

A third emergency call was answered by a different dispatcher, who asked about Sawyer's condition and advised those nearby to not touch him.

"I am absolutely outraged every time I hear that `too bad' and then click," said Sawyer's father, Jim Sawyer. "I only know that I would have felt a whole lot more comfortable if I had heard people responding on the end of that 911 call with some heart and caring."

State police said the comments by Peasley, an 18-year-veteran, were unprofessional, and the agency apologized if "our actions added to the family's pain.""

This was taken from:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/11201934 .htm

RIP fellow rider.

<!--EDIT|tdrcomm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111627654 -->

Just unbelievable! Can't believe anybody would react in a way like this. Really makes me mad!
mad.gif

I truly hope the family sues that F-ing scumbag POS personally for every nickel he has. And when they're done with him, sue the F out of the police.
mad.gif

For 18 years this scumbag collected a paycheck from the same citizens in which he insulted. 15 day suspension?? Let's start with an apology to the family at the funeral.

Here's the link to the video on MSNBC. A-hole!

<a href="http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?i=0cfd95d4-ee24-401b-9192-1085480f24c4,29747580-8d15-4c87-93ed-c018adee7e8a,62378dec-21db-4a
fa-8f76-d68b6de855d6,919edacc-e319-4e0e-9e3c-fe95ad9901c1&m=News%20-%20Weather&mi=NBC%20News&rf=http://www.msn.com/" target="_blank">http://video.msn.com/video....rf=http</a>

What a jerk, this guy should get fired without a boubt. By the way TDRComm, I tried to sign the petetion but the link is broken.

Done, the names are rolling in like crazy!

TDR,
Can you edit out that [/b] on the end of the link?

Man...I signed the petition. Seriously, if that was an officer in my department, I can tell you there would have been a corrective a## beating AND he would have been fired...at least one can hope. Sometimes unions do their jobs a little too well...unfortunately.
sad.gif
mad.gif

I'd like to hear the actual call.

If some sqid called in an' said... "Hey dude, my homie just toasted his ride on the coast road , you better send a fire truck"....

I may have responed the same way.

If the caller dialed 911 an' said ... "There has been a motor vehicle accident and there are injuries, please send help"..... then fugo cop should be shot,hung,an' pissed on.

You can become complacent. Desensitized. Almost angry even. After so many calls, they can ... ALL SOUND THE SAME. Its normal human behaviour. You can be easily...
be over-exposed.

Did he do the right thing....it sounds like NO.

But...It is becoming more and more ... 'The common place' for members to be left in such positions due to budgetary constraints , staffing problems , etc.

When the "Half-Decent one's" call in sick, or claim to have HURT THEIR BACKS on the job....you can get stuck with sub-standard personel. Welcome to reality.

Can we hear the actual call... ?

I'd like to hear the actual call.

If some sqid called in an' said...  "Hey dude, my homie just toasted his ride on the coast road , you better send a fire truck"....

If the caller dialed 911 an' said ... "There has been a motor vehicle accident and there are injuries, please send help".....     then fugo cop should be shot,hung,an' pissed on.

You can become complacent. Desensitized. Almost angry even.    After so many calls, they can ... ALL SOUND THE SAME.   Its normal human behaviour.  You can be easily...
    be  over-exposed.

Did he do the right thing....it sounds like NO.

But...It is becoming more and more ...  'The common place' for members to be left in such positions due to budgetary constraints , staffing problems , etc.

When the "Half-Decent one's"  call in sick, or claim to have   HURT THEIR BACKS on the job....you can get stuck with sub-standard personel.  Welcome to reality.

Can we hear the actual call...  ?
RSD:

I put a link to it in the other thread on this... In the General Bike Topics, the thread is called "unbelievable".

EDIT: Here's the link. http://www.syphix.com/911.mp3

And no, the calls (there's two of them with the same ttrooper) are very normal, though worried callers.  Nothing ridiculous or out-of-control about them.  except for the jaackass trooper.

<!--EDIT|RandomNickname
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111636325 -->

If some sqid called in an' said...  "Hey dude, my homie just toasted his ride on the coast road , you better send a fire truck"....

If the caller dialed 911 an' said ... "There has been a motor vehicle accident and there are injuries, please send help".....     then fugo cop should be shot,hung,an' pissed on.

You can become complacent. Desensitized. Almost angry even.    After so many calls, they can ... ALL SOUND THE SAME.   Its normal human behaviour.  You can be easily...
    be  over-exposed.

This is troubling. What difference does it make the language that someone uses when they are making an emergency call? If you can understand them, surely you would do your job and dispatch help. If you decide whether or not to send help based on how the person sounds you are a disgrace to your profession. When you took that job, was discretionary dispatch part of the description? I understand that people become complacent, desensitized and even angry. I do not however understand that when these people become this way, they simply don't go get a different job. I am so tired of people in Law Enforcement telling those of us who are not " you don't understand what its like, to see the things I do, the worst in people, etc...." They are right, I have absolutely no idea what that is like, because I don't want to know. Hence I am not a cop. If they don't like the things they see/do maybe they shouldn't be either.

Unless of course you aren't a dispatcher, in which case please direct my rant to someone who deserves it
soapbox.gif

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111687831 -->

Back