new thread.  stupid warnings.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
all the stupid warnings...  to prevent the lawsuits I guess.

where will it end thou.  

"I bought your car, an' crashed it, an' i got hurt".

ya, so....

"I bought coffee at yer take-out stand,  it spilled an' burned me".

yup, uhuh...

this was the best warning I've seen in a long time thou...

I bought a large tupperware type container a while back...

I kept it by attaching it to the cd case,  it came on something a bit bigger...  but still....

give me a fuggin' break....

stupid_warnings.com.jpg

"Suffocation risk"... if I were to seal my child in tupperware.

for fug sakes... cant we just be/act/do/understand...

the right thing.

I think I'm bored of.... the warnings for "Shiddy People"

I think they should stop putting warnings on products and start branding idiots. Suing because you burned yourself with hot coffee (ummm, duuuuuuuhhhh...) is just fuggin' stupid and that kind of lawsuit should NEVER be allowed to even be filed...

I'm with ya on this one bro. There are some STUPID warning decals on some of the stuff we buy...
drooling3.gif

I think there should be ONE warning sticker. It should read...

"If you're f**king stupid... don't buy this product!!!"
laugh.gif

I don't have a picture of it, but laugh my arse of everytime I'm out on my ATV and see the little warning sticker showing to not tie your bike down in the back of a truck while standing it on it's rear wheels in a verticle position............DUH.

This is IMHO, an example of "dumbing down" a product. It seems we must cater to the lowest level of intelligence in our society. I work for a company that manufactures coal mine equipment. I have gone to several mines, and have been safety trained. I think that all sfety training/warning stickers could be explained quite simply as "Don't be a dumba$$" It's amazing to me the things people need to told are bad ideas. Smoking near flammable substances for example. How bright do you have to be to figure out that's probably not a good plan? Was I ever that stupid?

People should have warning labels tattooed on their foreheads......"I'm a fuggin' IDIOT watch out"
mad.gif

Without warning stickers/labels, life would be a lot funnier.
laugh.gif

It amazes me also. Usually, I believe it took someone or something to make some of these warnings necessary, but lately I think it is just an overprotective society. If I am so dumb that I burn myself with hot coffee then I shouldn't be drinking coffee. If I inadvertently burn myself with hot coffee I won't do it again and don't need a warning because I've already found out its freaking hot! Sometimes experience is the best teacher!

It's amazing what some people do. I couldn't find it online but anybody remember when a guy bought an RV and put it on Cruise Control and got up from the drivers wheel and when to the kitchen and started to make a sandwhich and wrecked. He will probably never have to work again for the settlement he received. Most of the times when you see a warning sticker, Some idiot has managed to accomplished that task......Some people should just not reproduce...

John

So, I'm sitting at my desk, looking around at every day items to see just how many have these stupid warning labels...

Happy to report that my Pepsi can is free of the "anti-frivolous rhetoric", but I do recall that all diet drinks state that the sweetener "has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals" Pass the Diet Coke then...what's stopping you?!
rock.gif

Cigarette warning labels are stupid too...did we really need someone to spell out that clogging up your lungs with ANY foreign substance could cause lung cancer?! Are we THAT stupid?

Don't answer that...
tounge.gif

Society feels the need to assist the idiots in this world, so there are all these warning signs that to us look stupid but to someone out there may save their life... you've go to be kidding me?

Fire Extinguisher at the far end of the room has this label.
"Do not drop on self. Might cause injury and pain."

On one of my new servers I just installed from dell.
"Silica package contents. Do not confuse with salt. Not for human consumption."
"Do not use plastic as pillows. Can cause a suffocation hazard."

I think it's a plot by the warning sticker makers to keep themselfs in business
laugh.gif

Definitely a way to cater to the less intelligent people in society. Also it's probably another American's job to produce these stickers.

Umm, if you want to laff, just read all the Warnings and Cautions in your Busa's Owners Manual!

There are about 50 of them...

Back