Some Updates

Iced

f=12;t=13696;act=ST
Donating Member
Registered
Well it's been about 10 months since I proposed to my fiancee ().  We've both been so busy we can't believe the day is coming up soon!  We've just sent out the first set of invitations to family.  She has hand-made each one.  In the meantime, my home has sold within 30 days of puttin it on the market.  Let me tell you, the 4hour home inspection on my home was stressful since i didn't get a permit for a lot of things
biggrin.gif
but still disclosed that info).   I spent 4 months since November in the basement finishing it up to get a boost on the sale and now it's paid off.  Working 6am to 2:30 then straight to the basement for a few hours a night. We've been busy booking peoples time and dishing out money.  At the same time, we've been trying to find a place to live, preferably before the wedding this June 26th!  Haven't figured out where to go for a honeymoon.  We don't know if it's gonna be possible after we pay everyone from the wedding off anyways
laugh.gif
.  The money people dump into a wedding gets way too out of hand.  Everyone wants a piece of you!  We haven't had much time for anything else!

We've both had this countdown I made running on our desktops since it was 315 days
biggrin.gif
... Pretty exciting and we both started stressing all over again once we got under 100 days.. haha... Send us your prayers/wish us luck over the next few months as the date gets closer!
smile.gif

Gabriela and Chris

countdown.JPG

biggrin.gif

Congrats Iced. I'm a neighbour of yours ... well not quite ... sunshine coast.
Wow. Wished I had a house to sell in the lower mainland ... big bucks.
We sold our home on the Island last Nov. and, yes, that is a stressful experience.
Forget the big wedding! Go to the government agent and have a nice party afterwards. You'll have plenty of money left over to buy another bike!
I think people are nuts to spend 5 to 10 grand on a wedding but thats just me.

Hey did everyone tell you not to do it yet? How old are you? Im 24 got married 6mths ago and ive been kicking myself ever since
wink.gif

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I wish you all the best; good luck and true happiness.
smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks oldguy
smile.gif

I'm sure the majority of guys would agree! But you know, the majority of women have a fairytale wedding and I have to do the best I can to help with that
smile.gif
The sale of the home was a good start and to get us going on a new home soon. I still have the Busa at least! Rode around in first gear through the neighbourhood last week haha... That's all i could get! Thanks again
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I wish it was only 5 to 10 grand... That's just the food bill!

him,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm 33 since a month ago
smile.gif

and thanks mcmustang!

laugh.gif

Congrats Iced...I'm thinking "elope"...toss those invites, tell everyone to go pay for their own food and just start your new life together in the next day or two!
tounge.gif

Who wants to watch that clock tick for the next 96 days?! That's just too much pressure...
biggrin.gif

Sounds like you've got tons going on, but you'll both make it through just fine...
cool.gif

Here you go hawaii! Here's a pic of us. The first of myself and her on this site!
smile.gif

proposed_1.JPG

.. and shortly after proposal here's our lunch at the top of Grouse Mountain for those of you that know Vancouver, B.C. That's where I proposed

proposed_2.JPG

Congrats Gabriela and Chris, wish you the very best & may your marriage be a blessed one.

Thanks Vanessa and Michelle. Thank u too, Mr. Brown
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
and BigBSBusa, HawaiiBusa, IL_BusaBoy, Busahaya and MrGxr
smile.gif

You are more than welcomed!

Gorgeous pics...can't way for when my day comes! Awwww...looking further every day!
sad.gif

Congratulations to you both.

I have to say that it can be a tough row to hoe sometimes, but if you both work at it, marriage is the best.

Today is our 25th wedding anniversary, so I'm living proof that it can be done.

I'm with VABusa. Elope. Save the money. You'll eventually be VERY glad you did.

Oh, and congrats and best wishes to you for a LOOOOOONG and happy marriage!

--Wag--

Back