Starting a New Job Tomorrow...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Well Folks, as most of you know I walked away from well over $50K a year last month. No, I didn't have anything lined up out here but I wasn't too worried about it. I considered simply NOT going back to work at all. BUT after a Month of Dishes N Laundry, I'm ready to go do SOMETHING...
smile.gif

So Friday I contacted a Leading Motorsports dealer in the Area. Got myself an Interview and Lo-N-Behold? Got a call this morning, I am now gainfully employed, doing something I think I will love. Hell I'll be surrounded by Bikes and Bike Stuff all Day....

"REVLIS, The Parts/Accessories/Gear Guy!!!"

Might as well put to use some this headful of stats and stuff.

Dealership sells the Big Four Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, plus Polaris and Arctic Cat. So I am going to be messing with all sorts of fun stuff... I dunno if I can sell a Damn thing, but I should be having fun.

If I prove to be good at selling shid, and taking care of folks? I'll be looking at moving to bike sales down the road.

Anyhoo, Wish me luck folks...

Congrats Rev
beerchug.gif

All that best with your new job...
biggrin.gif
Always nice to do a job that you like doing

I'll let you all know what I think. It's a serious change for me. I've been behind a desk in a quiet office far away from the public... And I have never worked retail before so I have no Idea what to expect. I mean I hear it can be pretty cut-throat, but at the same time, I am not easily taken advantage of.

So Hell, I think if nothing else it will be interesting.

We'll see.

Thanks for the votes of confidence folks, I am going to do my best to make up for all the shiddy service I have had over the years at Bike Dealerships...

there will always be some dumba$$es that are going to pi$$ you off, but i hope you enjoy it. oh yeah get the down low on the 06 busa while your at it.

there will always be some dumba$$es that are going to pi$$ you off, but i hope you enjoy it. oh yeah get the down low on the 06 busa while your at it.
Damn Skippy... I'll have that ear to the ground. Will be helpful, having an inside line.

I am pulling for either a New Busa Finally, or The Much Rumored Honda V-5...

thumbs-up.gif

I might need medication to help avoid choking dip$hit$ but I'll be doing my best.
smile.gif

Man that is great news Rev!

I always thought that would be a sweet job.

I'm happy for ya bro.
beerchug.gif

Now cut us some good deals on some cool stuff man!
tounge.gif

-Bill

Nice deal, Rev....congrats!

BTW, will you also be sellin gear? I'm in the market for a helmet, and I know which one I'm lookin at. If you do, you can chalk up your first helmet sale to me...whaddya think?
cool.gif

cool.gif
Well YEAH, But uh, have to give me a few months, before I start offering up... I am not sure how all that works? But I'll figure it out and be taking care of folks...

rock.gif
Huh? No no no...didn't mean it to be like that, bro! I just meant that I would buy a helmet from ya! If you carry the helmet I'm lookin for and it's competively priced, then consider it a done deal. Actually, I can probably ask my boy out there (he's in Redmond) to take a stroll over to your area and pick it up for me.

Congrats, Rev! Sounds like you will be having fun and making money all at the same time. Definitely a winning combination in my book. Keep us updated on all the motorcycling news!
beerchug.gif

Congrats on the new job. I don't think I could handle a job like that though. It would be like an alcoholic working as a bartender. I'd end up with a whole stable full of expensive toys while living in a cardboard box.

Congrats Rev
beerchug.gif

Glad to see things are working out for you. I can see that being like "a kid in a candy store".
cool.gif

Rev,
That's awesome. I agree with WarBrown - I think I would end up paying the dealership to work there...I would have to take something home with me everyday. I have seen too many shady bike salesmen - trying to sell some big bike to a 16 yr old for the commission, etc. It is good to see a few guys from here getting jobs that they can be passionate about - when I retire in about 5 years, I think I may attemp the bike sales thing.
Good on ya!
thumbs-up.gif

Back