205mph ticket on a RC51?

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
There is a small article toward the front of this month's Stuff magazine (Brooke Burke on the cover). It says a guy got a 205mph speeding ticket on a RC51 during a charity ride. I don't remember exactly but, i think it said it had 126hp. Is that even possible?  He was clocked by a plane and it also said he didn't fight it. This was reported as the fastest speeding ticket ever wrote. I was thinking one of you with a turbo could go get the record.
laugh.gif

yeah, that story has made it around the USA, amazing huh?

I seriously don't think the bike would go that fast. I had an RC51, they just aren't that fast. They do handle pretty well tho. But fast is not its business at all.

There were some posts about this before. It wasn't during a charity ride. Here's the links to the previous posts. In the order they were started.
cool.gif

There are links within these that will take you to news articles about the incident.

BigJohn,
If you look at those links, the riders states that his RC51 was heavily modified and still topped out at about 160...confirmed with dyno runs.
Now I would believe it if the article was about N.E.!
thumbs-up.gif

there is no freaking way.... maybe a new juiced up 1000 but not an rc.... an rc runs a v-twin and they just don't have the hp to pull it to 200+ mph. I'd say the cop needs glasses.

I think it was one of the deal where they "calculated" his speed from a chopper in the air...

Obviously the "mis-calculated"

Like I said in one of the earlier threads...

205 mph... on a... Hunda.
ices_rofl.gif

Now that's some funny stuff.
laugh.gif

I think it was one of the deal where they "calculated" his speed from a chopper in the air...

Obviously the "mis-calculated"

Like I said in one of the earlier threads...

205 mph... on a... Hunda.  
ices_rofl.gif

Now that's some funny stuff.
laugh.gif
Bill,
Play nice! You know it isn't a Hunda - it's a hyunda!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

I think I read that he only could hit 145 on a dyno. He ended up with 200 hours of community service, no fine. They had a follow up article in 2Wheel Tuner this month.

Yeah, it's old news... but ya know, it would almost be worth 200 hours of community service to have the braggin' rights to that ticket... *IF* he had really been going that fast of course.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111103762 -->

205 on a RC52 !!!

No $hit....
biggrin.gif
....I dont buy it!
Do you think the cop who wrote him a ticket was on weed
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Back