touring wind shield

PONCHO

Donating Member
Registered
thinking about purchasing one of these. hoping to get some feed back, advantages/disadvantages. i was going to get the double bubble but that seems almost as point less as the stocker. i do a lot of long rides, ido like to hit the occasional 100mph+ mark and i enjoy twisties but most of my riding is speed limit type stuff. will the shield hinder my other loves? i know some think its ugly and i thought so also until i saw one in person on a bike at my local shop. it was not bad at all. let me know what ya think.

Ponch,
What type of shield did you see? Are you interested in color, chrome, etc? Some people swear by Double Bubbles, some people like puig, some like sportech ..... it all depends on what you are looking for.

Here's a few pics of my Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen. I like it. It blocks a lot of the wind you get with the stocker.

That is not a gap b/w the fairing, and the screen...It's the reflection of the mirror housing.

Hope this helps.
cool.gif

I have the Sportech and think it blocks most of the wind pretty well. Plus I just like the looks of the chrome. Will post a pic later if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

If you do a lot of long rides, this is the screen for you. I have never heard any complaints about it. Some folks are DB people and some aren't, I say go for it man.

ridegear.com has em I think, I just picked up a DB from em.

I put a double bubble on my Busa and I love it its not real big but it does make a difference. And it did not mess up the great lines of the cycle.

I have the Sportech and think it blocks most of the wind pretty well.  Plus I just like the looks of the chrome.  Will post a pic later if somebody doesn't beat me to it.
I will not post pics b4 IL-B. I will not post pics b4 IL-B. I will not post pics b4 IL-B. I will not post pics b4 IL-B. I will not post pics b4 IL-B. I will not post pics b4 IL-B. I will not post pics b4 IL-B.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Ponch,
Like IL_BusaBoy, I have a chrome sportech. The only complaint that I have is that because of some heat concentration issues with the chrome, sportech puts a mesh heat diffuser on the inside of the shield. This is only significant because you can't use a tank cap mounted camera to take photos or video through the screen. Other than that I love the look of the sportech and how it diverts airflow. You'll see when IL_BusaBoy posts his pics.

I think screen choise is really dependent on personal opinion. Some people change it only for the looks & others change it for functionality. Myself, at 6 foot, could not see 1/2 the gauges or the blinker indicators. The wind blast from the stocker hit me right in the middle of my chest. I then went to the ZG sport touring screen & it moved the wind up to the middle of my helmet. I didn't care for that as it made my helmet bounce around. I currently have the double bubble installed & it is my personal favorite. I can see the gauges & the wind is right at the bottom of my helmet so it is in a constant air flow. It is also much easier to tuck in behind the DB compared to the stock screen. Just my $.000002.
biggrin.gif

great input guys. i like the look of the zero gravity, but i do have a kinda chrome theme in mind. id love to see the sportech if poss. zero gravity unforutunatly does not offer chrome as a color.

Okay IL_BusaBoy...too late: I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post another Bessie pic!

Vflow.JPG

Here's a pic of the mesh on the back side of the windscreen.  You can see through the parts of the screen that don't have the mesh, but there were problems with concentrated heat melting dash lenses.  Can't video through it, but I really dig everything else.

vflow_under.JPG

Back