windows 10....Awesome!

E Zurcher

Registered
Just upgraded my Microsoft Surface to Win 10. Very impressed! Will do the same on my Desktop. Now to unlearn Windows 8 on the Surface. It's a free update and well worth the time.

I've read all the good things, but I'm waiting to hear what the bad things are....as there certainly will be some...

I've always been an early adopter. I dive right in. But I did test it on my tablet before deciding to put it on my desktop.

Don,
Both of the methods listed still get the official Windows 10 from Microsoft. No worries, at least about that... :laugh:

windows 1,000,000 will still get viruses, malware and spyware on a regular basis which is why a Macbook is the only way to go.....

I use both Apple and Microsoft products. Unfortunately, the things I use my Surface Tablet for, Apple does not have the software I need. And the things I use my Iphone, Ipad for, Microsoft does not have the software I need.

For example:

Spectrum analyzer app for adjusting sound levels for car stereos.

Apple: Great app and free
Microsoft: Nothing available unless you wan to buy a 1500 dollar program and hardware.

Utility for adjusting speed controllers for RC aircraft

Apple: Nothing
Microsoft: Free and works great

BTW I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Pro and it's the most useful and trouble free computer product I have ever owned even with the "despicable" Windows 8. I can run Diablo 3, Office and any other Windows program out there. Windows 10 will make it even better.

I've played with Macbooks and love their design and user interface. Don't love how much they cost although my Surface 2 was not cheap.

I recognize each has their strengths and weaknesses. Not a Fanboy of either.

Official site download with instructions.

Windows 10

*Edit

Been using windows 10 since early Tech and plan on keeping it. Went from Win 7(64bit) to 10(64bit). Had Zero love for 8(.1).

windows 1,000,000 will still get viruses, malware and spyware on a regular basis which is why a Macbook is the only way to go.....

I we all went to Mac, there would be just as much virus issues with Mac. As they would be the bigger targeted OS.

been on 10 for a long time testing and beta work....great system...mixes the best of 8 and 7 with some new goodies.

So i ctrl alt del got me a screen so i could 'sign out' which i did then logged back in again and im in.

Back