Average Highway Speed

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
I am just curious...What is your average highway speed. I live in the Washington DC Metro area and ride my Busa to work some days. Once I get on the Beltway (loop around DC) my average speed is about 90 mph. For some reason my Busa wants to run at 90 mph. Every now and then I will hit 120 mph.

I try and stay around 80 mph here in IL, as we have lots of traffic during the week. I know you guys do too, as I am always in the DC metro area for work purposes.

Interstate - in the car or on the Busa, 80 is good...feels "just right"
cool.gif

Everywhere else, I seem to just love 70...I know a ticket's in my future...I just know it...
wink.gif

Trust me I want to slow down to 75 mph, but she just loves to be around 90. Also, in traffic I slow down because these people here are crazy as h**. I am so scared that I am going to get a ticket. Maryland/VA state troopers are so ticket happy.

biggrin.gif
....Ah, you guys have all the fun! On the kind of roads that we have here in India... if I kept 90Mile average, i'd be dead by now
tounge.gif

63 by the speedo.. 58 on the gps.. hehe

I dont' speed till they drop the speed limits for the curvy roads..

well except when nobody is watchin'

Whatever is posted on the sign!

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it
wink.gif
laugh.gif

90 is 80ish on a standard busa. I try to pace traffic becuase I have a cop-magnet aura

I try to go as slow as possible.... the grin and the adrenaline just make me keep twisting.
laugh.gif

I try to keep it under 85 in traffic out of my fear of another ticket. If there was no speed limit, 90 to 110 would be a nice comfortable cruising speed.

this bike just feels right at around 80-82 when cruising on the interstates, when off the interstates I can't tell you how fast I am going cause I watching the twistie that is coming up....

depends on whether I'm riding with HOG's favorite fed or not. If not, probably 70ish or so. If I'm with a certain member, I dont care.....I'm safe to go as fast as I want!!! LOL!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

depends on whether I'm riding with HOG's favorite fed or not. If not, probably 70ish or so. If I'm with a certain member, I dont care.....I'm safe to go as fast as I want!!! LOL!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I wish I had a riding buddy like that.
laugh.gif

I might have to ride out West and pay you guys a visit.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I just try to stay with the traffic flow, on the interstate it's usually 65-80. Main thing is to stay way in front of the trucks.On I77 in West Virginia, sometimes that takes 100.

I try to stay where I can drop to 2nd gear and let 'er eat and fly by my victims. Usually average around 80-90 depending on the time of day. Dark=slower, day=
rock.gif
?

Back