The Contender

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Have you guys watched this show yet? I think there have been 3 episodes so far; I've only seen the last two...

Sly Stallone, 16 professionally ranked men, a fight every week...they're all vying for the last 2 men standing, then they fight for a cool million and a shot at a title fight with the champion.

WWJD would love this...it's got the feel of The Apprentice mixed in with Survivor, then they beat each other up in the end. The only downside is that you don't see the 5 rounds in their entirety...just shots here and there, then the decision.

I wasn't sure I'd like it as I watched, but then I got caught up in the guy talking so much shmack to fight another guy on the opposite team...they met in the ring and the big talker walked away a loser...man, you just can't beat that!
laugh.gif

It's worth watching, at least to see the guys that are ranked in the world of boxing, who's up and coming...

Is it just me, or is boxing boring nowadays? I don't know any fighters that are working through the ranks like I used to...I loved La Hoya, but he's a model now...love Roy Jones Jr, but does he even fight anymore? I hated Prince Naseem Hamed, but hell, I think I even miss him too...boxing is just boring now...

I watched some of the last show...It was pretty good...Alot more than what I thought it was going to be...Those contestants/fighters are the real deal...

Yeah...Boxing sux...I was watching the classic channel and they reveiwed the real champs...Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Louis, Conn and many more...And it was worth watching...

Wait till this saturday when Manny pacquiao fights eric marales or june 5th when kostya tszyu and ricky hatton fight.also june 25th arturo gatti vs floyd mayweather.

oh, and yes i'm glad that guy got the shizzle beat out of him on the contender. show is awsome.

I'm not into the whole reality show thing, but I'll tell you I really enjoy this show. I loved it when Ishe Smith beat the **** out of the dude who was talking all the smack. Just so I don't miss the show, I even have a Season Pass on my TiVO.
smile.gif

Wait till this saturday when Manny pacquiao fights eric marales or june 5th when kostya tszyu and ricky hatton fight.also june 25th arturo gatti vs floyd mayweather.
Yea! I really want to see the Erik Morales fight. Those two guys are warriors.

It's the only reality show I've ever been able to stomach allt he way thru.. yeah it's got alot of the same ole BS in the middle. In the end it's man to man and get it done or go home.

Plus those guys really go after each other. I've seen all 3 fights and they have all been better than the last 5 title fights I've watched.

I'm not into the whole reality show thing, but I'll tell you I really enjoy this show.  I loved it when Ishe Smith beat the **** out of the dude who was talking all the smack.  Just so I don't miss the show, I even have a Season Pass on my TiVO.  
smile.gif
That's how I kind of felt, but after finding out these guys aren't just off the street (like American Idol or something) I was drawn in...I missed the first episode, but caught that the guy ranked 3rd lost...

I agree...just a few shots of some rounds each week is better than anything I've seen in a while...and we've got a Season's Pass too...

Gatti and Mayweather, huh? Okay, I need to watch that one...

I have been told by my girlfriend that there are a lot of shows that I need to get used to watching when I get back. We'll see how it goes.
rock.gif

Love the show. Keep missing the fights 'cause I'm always out feeding the horses. Wish I had Tivo but heck I can't even get cable out here. We'll get a dish when we move to our new place though.
wink.gif

Love the show. Keep missing the fights 'cause I'm always out feeding the horses. Wish I had Tivo but heck I can't even get cable out here. We'll get a dish when we move to our new place though.
wink.gif
check out dishnetwork man.. you get DVR thru them for like $5 a month.
gotta sign up for a year.. but bleh. everybody is like that anymore anyway.

anybody watch last night?/

the dude that lost ended up dead a few months after they recoreded that.. apparently killed himself..

I first felt really bad about his little 2yo daughter.. then I found out he off'ed himself..

what a chump.. cries about doing it all for her (the boxing thing) to get her a better life, and then offs himself leaving her fatherless in the ghetto..

yeah.. thats good logic.

I have it on TiVo...
tounge.gif
Watching it tonight if I get time...

I'd heard about the guy that killed himself though...sad...he had more issues that just boxing going on to do that...feel for his daughter...
sad.gif

Yeah, couldn't believe that episode last night. Was really weird finding out that he did that after basically saying all that mattered to him was his family. Oh well, guess he had a lot more going on in his head than we all knew about.

Back