Something killing kittens here

GEARJAMMER

Banned
Man kitten problems stray had kittens in woods in my back yard
My girlfriend been feeding them trying find homes found 2nd dead kitten this morning figure skunk possum I don't know.
Shes getting litter box going try keep them in garage its hard correction impossible round them up very fast (well guess not fast enough)
Best way let mother cat go in garage they follow her I cant catch them.I need get bb gun or something making me mad something's killing them.

Raccoons can be rather vicious, but also coyotes...you'd be surprised at where coyotes live now, and just how invasive they can be.

Poor kittens :( They're torn up or just dead? If they're really young and not with mom, they will die of starvation as well. Newborns need to feed/be fed every 2 hours for the first couple of weeks.

Well sadly it was torn up they been eating some wet cat food
Im trying get them go in garage keep them there overnight but they run around and real hard 2 catch.
Kinda put damper on sat night we were happy on way home from dragraces I got win
then she was crying little over dead kitty she had even named it sheba ,Might been skunk 1 my buddy's has chickens a skunk was killing them.

If it was a skunk you'd probably already have figured it out - they do leave a lingering odor. However, most predators (coyote, raccoon, etc.) don't leave anything behind and they don't consume it at the site of the kill, especially if it's not just a quick swallow meal. So you'd find some hair, maybe some blood, but not much else.
My best guess is an owl. They are common and they really go after small pets, particularly the young and inexperienced and the old and slow. A Great Horned Owl can easily take a small cat. And they are often sloppy, dropping partial meals.

If it was a skunk you'd probably already have figured it out - they do leave a lingering odor. However, most predators (coyote, raccoon, etc.) don't leave anything behind and they don't consume it at the site of the kill, especially if it's not just a quick swallow meal. So you'd find some hair, maybe some blood, but not much else.
My best guess is an owl. They are common and they really go after small pets, particularly the young and inexperienced and the old and slow. A Great Horned Owl can easily take a small cat. And they are often sloppy, dropping partial meals.

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of an owl...could be.

I hope you can get them gathered up and safely inside. As the owner of 8 cats (7 are rescues) I can safely say I wouldn't be able to rest until they were safe, poor things :(

Might have been owl I hear them around
Im trying kept them in garage last night with food+water
soon as I opened door mother went in 1 looks like eyes not opened good there several weeks old
Girlfriend got fishing net shes going try catch it and check eyes. There fast little rascals

Hate to be a pest but - Spay/Neuter is the only way to limit all of the problems. And there's always an organization somewhere that will help with the cost if not make it free. Cute little kittens rarely end up living a nice, long, comfortable life. The owls and the coyotes hate me for this but I just gotta say it...

Hate to be a pest but - Spay/Neuter is the only way to limit all of the problems. And there's always an organization somewhere that will help with the cost if not make it free. Cute little kittens rarely end up living a nice, long, comfortable life. The owls and the coyotes hate me for this but I just gotta say it...

Very true, but sounds like these were strays they ran across and they're just trying to help.

I preach to everyone about getting their pets fixed. I can't stand all of the unwanted dogs and cats left that wander, breeding more. It's a huge problem :banghead:

Yes I agree I don't or didn't have any pets.
There's been stray cats around I felt sorry 4 them+ started feeding them.
My girlfriend bagged 2 of 4 kittens with fishing net she put litter box and some kitty toys in basement and blanket.
Im proud of them they already used litter box.Shes going try bag other 2 today there in hiding in my garage
there fast as greased lightning and like 2 hide.After she held 1 awhile yesterday it really calmed down.
She wants get both because they don't like being alone.The stray cats just come eat then wander off in woods in back my house .

I agree 100% I need get them fixed but adult strays r really fast + there touch me not's.

Sorry 4 bumping own post not trying post ***** I know VA worried bout these kittens.
I was on road last night girlfriend works night (caregiver+medical asst retirement home 1 the kittens had goop in eye and laying limp
She took 2 vet he said temp 86 should b around 101 he has it in warmer said prob didn't get proper nourishment from mother.
He said check gums on others should b pink if white theres problems.She paid $100 she don't make lot of $ im -$50 off her 1/2 of rent
she said no but im doing it my mom owns this house so our rent fairly low anyway.Damm $100 put thing in warmer o well only 1 left in garage she bagged 1 more buy playing cat noises on u tube tricked the little rascal it came out.:rofl:
Man stray kitty probs I don't live in ghetto this home+property worth least $150,000 neighborhood across street estates start @ $250,000 some in millions they need learn get pets fixed grrrr

Awww, isn't being a good Samaritan awesome? :laugh:

It's never cheap either...8 cats later, all fixed, 6 declawed so they can be indoors and NOT destroy leather furniture, they live the high life. I want to come back as a cat :rofl:

You an take them to a shelter or look for other bleeding hearts that might be willing to take them in...be careful with feral cats - they can be vicious (like mom), and if bitten by her, you'd better consider talking to a doc about rabies. Just be safe.

Vet just called didn't make it was responding 2 fluid they were getting antibiotics ready it died.
There giving back $39 on stuff they didn't get 2 doing.
looks like bury another bye tiger:-(

:down: Really could have done without that news...

Damn this thread man...

Sorry were trying 2 left in basement have pink gums that's good.
1 was even playing with ball with bell in it
I just wish we could catch the 1 left in garage keeps hiding
Neighbors son lives on farm wants some cats keep mice away
I have 2 check him out 1st im not giving them unless I know they get good home.

Back