....and some say the forum... Random Thoughts is dead.....

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Here's a really great topic for discussion and laughter.

Getting old.

You know you are getting old when....

No, not a thread for jokes. Did you hear the one about the old guy who... NO. True stories.The truth is always stranger than fiction anyway

The cool part is you can feel old when you are 20 and your girlfriend is 18.Everyone will have a story.

Here's my opener.

I live in this apartment complex...hi-end project's (PJ's) by Canadian standards. :laugh: You meet people. Meet this one dude,get talking,chat'n about everything including our balconies. He say's he's gonna start growing stuff on his balcony. Tomatoes,peas,spices,etc,etc. I say and think "Way Cool". May as well have fun with your outdoor space even if it is 50 feet from the ground.I just have chairs and loungers and a BBQ on mine. So the next time I run into this I'm totally amped to hear how it's going with his "Green Space". So I say..."How goes the farming Bro?" He say's "Come over for a beer, check it out."

Cool. I hit my apartment grab some beer and whiskey. I go over,knock on his door,get invited in.

Guees what. No "garden" per say... guess what.... GETTING OLD.

Ten or twenty imaculately groom marijuana plants.

I was dissapointed. I wanted fresh tomatoes,parsley,green beans. :cursin:

Rubb.

About 1992 I was in a psychiatric hospital with severe depression.
Of course there were a lot of strange people in there and I made a couple of friends.

When I got out I went out for a beer and just happened to meet one of the guys who I met in there.
I asked him how he was and he said good, and he and his brother were opening a delicatessen.
He pointed out a shop across the road.
Then he told me they were going to sell different bits of human meat.
I got away pretty fast when he said that.

Only saw him once again after that, one Christmas eve.
He was dirty and starving so I took him into a pub which I knew was doing free food brought him a pint and got a lot of food and fed him up.

Yikes newman! That story is kind of scary...wonder what ever happened to the guy...

You know you are getting old when...

You are super excited to get back on the road after several weeks off because of inclimate weather. I have been back on the road for weeks now.The Ol' Busa just didn't feel like she had all the power she used too_O'well I thought,at least I'm riding. Well yesterday I figured out what the problem was...

Push button to obtain "A mode" as opposed to C mode". :duh: :banghead: Getting old....

RSD.

What...I'm the only miserable Ol' bastid that is getting old.....???

Somehow with all the geriatric's on this board there must be a thousand stories about gettin' old.....:whistle:

Let's have 'em....

RSD.

I am old. But really you are only as old as you feel. Somehow I haven't gotten past 35 in my memories. Then when I see myself in the mirror I get a reality check. Just don't look in mirrors too often.

It seems like my wife and I are always looking at each other and saying "We officially old now" but I can't remember any good examples to share.

Must be getting old...:whistle:

Omar bought reading glasses and was using them for the first time last night :whistle:

I'd say we're too young for that, and he's the younger one :tiptoe:

Getting old :laugh:

Well, I am getting old my friends, back is giving me a fit, hearing and vision impaired, and the other day I woke up to find the ignition key for my Busa; yep in the ignition :laugh: I need a thirty year old keeper :whistle:

Well, I am getting old my friends, back is giving me a fit, hearing and vision impaired, and the other day I woke up to find the ignition key for my Busa; yep in the ignition :laugh: I need a thirty year old keeper :whistle:

Maybe try ebay... search... "Dirty Thirty Something"...

I dunno,just sayin' :dunno:

I mean people reccomend ebay all the time. Right.???

RSD.

Back