Arguments and butthurts

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
It seems that recently there have been several comments in posts that are mean, derogatory and completely unnecessary. Guys we share information here as fellow riders of this awesome machine. Save your keyboard commando crap for Facebook or private messages. I've been a member here for about 10 years and made some awesome friends and learned more than I ever imagined I would about these bikes. Just stop all the crap. Get over yourself and ego. :rant:

PS. If this doesn't apply to you then ignore it, but if the shoe fits, lace it up and wear it.

Hi Don

Unfortunately this is the world we live in. The attack on humanity is affecting most people and it reveals itself in many ways including the one you have noticed.

What you are saying is justified in my opinion because any negativity displayed here against the brothers and sisters that comprise us is counter productive to all of us.

I won't delve into what the attack is... for now anyway. However, I will start a thread in "Random Thoughts" that will link you to places where you can learn about the

assault we are experiencing at this point in human evolution.

Peace to you Brother... and Merry Christmas!

Pm sent. :laugh: Seriously I like a good argument but you should all know no matter how it seems it's never personal. I can call you all sorts of names and then if you needed something I would give it to you if I had it to give. I've actually done this, so I'm not blowing BS.

When a social or political issue arises and divides folks based on beliefs, it always filters down to common interaction processes, i.e. home, work, internet, etc.

Plus wintertime when some bikes are packed away, members seem to get a little edgy.

ever notice its the most "fair" and most "progressive" that have the most HATE and INTOLERANCE....and you wonder why thier "off the rocker of society" rants when you dont agree with them is becoming more and more obvious that there is a MENTAL HEALTH issue that has been seen more and more....

ever notice its the most "fair" and most "progressive" that have the most HATE and INTOLERANCE....and you wonder why thier "off the rocker of society" rants when you dont agree with them is becoming more and more obvious that there is a MENTAL HEALTH issue that has been seen more and more....

Nope, hadn't noticed that......... :laugh:

Yes, great point. I think most of the time, even an extreme disagreement can be expressed in a civilized way. I think this issue relates more to respecting other people in general, self discipline, and the willingness to hold one's self to a decent standard. No amount of policing by admins can replace a little bit of common sense, respect, and tolerance.

:beerchug:

Oh, if I have a choice, raspberry pie - please.

Well if it was 80 degrees outside everywhere like it is here everyone wouldn't be holed up arguing.

Don, i wonder if in the few years you have been away you have forgotten how the ebb and flow is round here lol. Summer time slow quiet round here. Fall little busier pretty sweet actually. Winter starting to get annoyed and spit and spat. Spring starts to slow again round here spits and spats slowing. Summer we all good buds, quieter round here, stories of conquests and adventures. The life cycle of the ORG.

Can't we all just get along?

butt hurt.jpg

Great. Now I have guilt for going off on IG a second ago... I blamed it on the influenza A bug I'm fighting. That and all the NyQuil I've been drinking the last 6 days. I like reading the arguments here, but I don't often go jumping in to them. I just like to note all the fallacies employed and from that judge who has the best position on a point, then evaluate that compared to how I feel about it, then click on the next link with pictures! "Butt" I could have done without that last picture...:laugh:

So, what should you do when you see comments that are strongly against what you think/believe? I would rather not discuss this sort of stuff (especially with people I don't even know personally) but when people do bring it up generally there is a mob of people with one point of view who post more and more offensive comments until I jump in just to say hold on there is another point of view (how's that for a rookie poster run on sentence?). On top of that I think these posts disenfranchise a chunk of Org members who simply read what they need to and don't post or attend events. Personally, the "Randumb Thoughts" section should not post in the "New Posts" area, you should have to go there and look to see the comments. I think people have a right to their opinion but if you make them public then it's fair game on calling it out or offering a different take. I think there are people who get a little more aggressive when they think they are going to be unopposed. I think what makes the Org special over other forums is that it's more of a social gathering than a place to ask a question about a bike (not to say the technical stuff here isn't top notch). Problem is when you bring the social aspect into it personalities are involved. To be honest there are people on here who I would not hang around with or even ride with. We can discuss Busas as gentleman but beyond that..............

Problem is when you bring the social aspect into it personalities are involved. To be honest there are people on here who I would not hang around with or even ride with. We can discuss Busas as gentleman but beyond that..............

I'm sorry Arch, but will you forgive me? I promise I will never do it again. :laugh:

On a more serious note, it is great that folks have different opinions, but some members just need to learn how to agree to disagree and not get personal.

I'm sorry Arch, but will you forgive me? I promise I will never do it again. :laugh:

On a more serious note, it is great that folks have different opinions, but some members just need to learn how to agree to disagree and not get personal.

I don't have a problem with you Jelly. You have a sense of humor about your positions and seem like a "fun" guy to disagree with over a cool beverage. If you guys haven't seen the movie "Crash" it's worth a look. It sort of addresses the cop thing in an insightful way that is two-sided.

Back