Amazon Echo

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Any one get an invite from their prime membership to buy one of these things? I feel like it is way early in the development for this line of products but looks kind of cool to me.

Kind of like these when they first came out...

tx6frontpacksm.jpg

I had the chance to buy one, but it seemed a little gimmicky to me. But what do I know... It's probably the next big thing. I did jump on the introductory price for a Fire Stick. We'll see how that works out after Wifey unwraps it next week,

Wish I'd known that...I would have bought yours. Oh well, I'll wait and see what they do next. I'm not giving 200 for the thing.

Amazon's track record of new products hasn't been stellar. I think they suffer from too many yes-men syndrome. Bad ideas aren't weeded out internally and go to production.

I got the invite and signed up, but nothing back yet.

RE: the fire stick. I have it and a chromecast and the fireTV stick blows the chromecast away. I don't have to use a phone/tablet/computer to control it. It has its own remote. I can use the other devices, but don't have to.

It also has access to apps so I can install Pandora, Vimeo, etc. and again, not use my phone to control it.

I signed up day one and still nada, zip, nothing back...

RE: the fire stick. I have it and a chromecast and the fireTV stick blows the chromecast away. I don't have to use a phone/tablet/computer to control it. It has its own remote. I can use the other devices, but don't have to.

It also has access to apps so I can install Pandora, Vimeo, etc. and again, not use my phone to control it.

Great to hear. Thanks :thumbsup:

I had bought the chromecast stick to try it out, but specifically to stream from my daughter's ipad to the tv. What they didn't say Is that it will stream from certain apps, and from the chrome browser for IOS, but it will not stream directly from the ipads video library which ticks me off. So far a waste...

I don't know why, but they just changed Chromecast to not stream local videos. Was a firmware "fix".

Back