Sheesh!  Guess I need to put on some lbs.

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I bought the "official" Suzuki front and rear stands for maintenance and I'll be damned if I'm nearly not heavy enough to get the bike up! Have to put all of my weight (and more) to bring the handles down to the ground. More BBQ please.
smile.gif

I'm not getting enough leverage. Think my next Busa mod will be to weld some extension handles onto the stands so that I can get a better advantage on the beast.

Pitbulls are damn fine stands.

A'Busa'd That is some funny sh!t, you need a Sammich...
smile.gif
My wife had the same problem though, I gave her a shot one night on the rear stand and she couldn't even budge it... Was cute watching her grunt on it though.

Your Idea with an extension should work no problem, especially with a pitbull stand, should be able to find a piece of Oak or a steal pipe that will fit right inside the factory handle, giving you all the leverage you need.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110244167 -->

A'Busa'd  That is some funny sh!t, you need a Sammich...  
smile.gif
 My wife had the same problem though, I gave her a shot one night on the rear stand and she couldn't even budge it...  Was cute watching her grunt on it though.  
Nothin' cute about me trying to get that sucker up in the air. I had to get two neighbor ladies to help me!
biggrin.gif

I bought the "official" Suzuki front and rear stands for maintenance and I'll be damned if I'm nearly not heavy enough to get the bike up!  Have to put all of my weight (and more) to bring the handles down to the ground.  More BBQ please.
smile.gif

I'm not getting enough leverage.  Think my next Busa mod will be to weld some extension handles onto the stands so that I can get a better advantage on the beast.
Okay,
Not the safest way and could be a ticket to the Darwins, but have you tried standing on the rear stand? I have a pit stand that has no wheels on it - there is no handle, it is made so that you stand on it to pull the back of the bike up and back.

Extensions might be the better way........it is just a thought.

Maybe I'm cheating, but I don't have any problems with mine. A trick would be to sort of lift the rear of the bike (grab bar or tail section) while pushing down on the handle.

BulletTrain Posted on Mar. 07 2005,23:47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wish I could share some arse with ya. I've got plenty. [/QUOTE]

....Same here BT!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

A'Busa'd  That is some funny sh!t, you need a Sammich...  
smile.gif
 My wife had the same problem though, I gave her a shot one night on the rear stand and she couldn't even budge it...  Was cute watching her grunt on it though.  
Nothin' cute about me trying to get that sucker up in the air.  I had to get two neighbor ladies to help me!  
biggrin.gif
...and then when the bike was up, we all went inside for a drink, and that's when it happened...The two neighbors started looking at me...nothing like this has ever happened to me before........
laugh.gif

This might work out for you after all A'Busa'd
wink.gif

I've got the handy stands and I have no problem. Damn, what do you weigh? A buck O five or sumthing:laugh:

I can't even budge the PitBull stand...I've stood on it with the hubby holding the bike, and it didn't move...I have no strength...
wink.gif

Has nothing to do with strength. The Suzuki stands are tough to use on the Busa. I've never had a problem getting mine on the stand but Dad tried to help once and do it himself. He almost dropped her on her side. Oh and one more word to the wise leave the grab bar on if you are trying tro do it your self. It could save you some body work!
wink.gif

Has nothing to do with strength. The Suzuki stands are tough to use on the Busa. I've never had a problem getting mine on the stand but Dad tried to help once and do it himself. He almost dropped her on her side. Oh and one more word to the wise leave the grab bar on if you are trying tro do it your self. It could save you some body work!
wink.gif
Yeah, what BusaKenVa said!

Seriously though, it's not strength that I'm lacking, it's mass! I put all of my weight on those stands and barely get them to move. Might have something to do with weighing less than 150.
tounge.gif

I had another bike a few years ago (a Honda Magna) that I used a similar rear stand with. Never had a problem getting the Magna up on the stand, but as I recall, I think the stand may have had a longer handle section on it that gave more leverage.

I just bought the LP swingarm stand ($89) and it works great for me. Was a little cautious puttin her up the first time but man it went real smooth and is on there really solid. Held onto the grab bar, pushed down with the other hand and away we go.

Back