three officers take a hit from the tazer

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
doesn't the guy in the middle look like that dude from Super Troopers...kinda acts like him too.
eek2.gif

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/nneu231nd1zd823/vids/v-587.wmv

I just got out of the police academy and i voluntarily took a shot from it for the full 5 seconds. That thing is the worst pain ive ever been in. If a cop tells you to stop running or stop fighting, youd better listen, that thing hurts!

I just got out of the police academy and i voluntarily took a shot from it for the full 5 seconds.  That thing is the worst pain ive ever been in.  If a cop tells you to stop running or stop fighting, youd better listen, that thing hurts!
hopefully i'll never be in that kind of situation, if so, i'd more than likely be taking a hit from someone I work with...how bad would that suck! I suppose it has happened, though...
wow.gif

we've had tazers for sometime now, but I've worked without them for...i guess about three years before we started seeing them coming in. as far as availability to us. prior to that, our step up from hands on to non-lethal, aside from pepper spray, was using rubber rounds or sandpacks. there have been serious lawsuits in WI due to misuse and abuse, though. the tazer has been effecitve, although law suits are starting to be seen re: misuse or abuse of the tazer as well. like the eighty year old women a couple of officers tazer'd at the hospital. she was being comitted, involuntarilty from what i understand...i gather she was mentally ill and they were assisting in her transport and committment. she was weilding a knife...i think they probably could have effectively not skipped hands on with her...don't know. I wasn't there. I guess we'll see how that turns out. from what i understand the attending doctor was upset and the women is going to sue...but, then...aren't they all.
wink.gif

They look like they're having fun.....
wow.gif

Well, whatever makes them happy
tounge.gif

Back