VaBusa I love that avatar

Isn't that the bomb?! Met him last week at a Foo Fighters show in Richmond, VA...

Coolest day of my life in a LONG time...and the show? OMG, it was put together by 4 guys that wanted the Foos back in Richmond since they hadn't been back since '98. They sold imaginary tickets to a show that didn't exist before the band even knew about it, just hoping social media would catch on, the band would hear about it and that they'd agree to perform. Only 1400 tickets to this "imaginary show" were available; I bought 4 back in April and everyone I told thought it was crazy, but the Foo Fighters are doing some pretty crazy stuff right now, and at the time, they were cutting their new album in major cities all over the country, popping up in night clubs for surprise gigs. If any band was going to agree to do a crowd-funded show just because the fans wanted one, it would be these guys. As soon as the 1400 tickets sold out, the Foos Tweeted that they'd do it.

Months pass; two weeks ago we get emails from the guys that coordinated the whole thing, saying the Foo Fighters would be here in 2 weeks, small venue in Richmond, here's how you get in. No tickets, you have to bring along who's going in with you to get wristbands, there's zero room for scalping what you agreed to buy, and I didn't pay a dime until the day of the show. It was pretty amazing, just everything about it. I took my sons and Omar, we camped out all day with friends from all over the country and even one Canadian, we're first in line to get in the venue. We stood all day waiting to get in, and at one point I ran to our vehicle to get my phone that was charging. I opted to take the long walk around the building just to see if any band members were lurking or had even arrived, and I found myself standing in a non-secure area with 2 other guys, watching Pat Smear (bassist) smoke, then a black Caddy pulls up about 2 minutes later and there's Dave Grohl. I was just happy to get some pics while he's on the other side saying hi to fans and getting pics. I'm just waiting for him to turn around so I can snap just one pic of him for the gals I've left in line because they'll be thrilled I saw him. He starts to walk in the venue, then he sees someone he may know, standing next to me. He walks over, and I immediately stop taking pics, I think I even stepped back a bit, realizing I wasn't supposed to be there, no gates, no security, not expecting this at all...

He shakes hands with the 2 guys to my left, then takes a step so he's in front of me. I just said "Hi" and he replies with a chipper "Hi!" and I have no clue what after that...I hugged him, that much I know, said a few things to him in his ear about how much his music has gotten me through losing my Dad, then asked if I could get a pic. He said sure, and by this time, I'm a nervous wreck. I mean, it's Dave Grohl! I only have his name on my tags on my car, and talk about him non-stop (ask Omar)...I get my phone out and he sees the pic on the lock screen is a goofy pic of him. He said "Oh, nice picture" and I said "I smile every time I see it" and he's probably thinking by now "What a crazy stalker chick this one is...retreat!" My hands are shaking, so I told him "I can't take the picture, I'm too nervous! You have to take it" and he took my phone and snapped the pic :laugh:

That's my moment with Dave Grohl...my youngest and I railed up front for the entire show, and he was inches away for over 2 hours, playing. During the last song, my son was one of 4 kids invited up on stage to get some water and watch the Foos play; he came home with 3 guitar picks, we were filmed so much for various news outlets and documentaries...it was a once in a lifetime experience. I'm so glad I took the chance on that imaginary show!

DGnMe.jpg

Ticketswedontkeep.jpg

US.jpg

KidsonStage.jpg

DavidCview.jpg

DG2.jpg

FFrail.jpg

DG8.jpg

TheNationalFF.jpg

SETLIST.jpg

Last edited:
OMG - what a thrill! That is a once in a lifetime deal and you got to share it with your kids & Omar. Life is good!

I've been seeing the ads on HBO for the upcoming show all about how they made the new album and I can't wait to see it. If you don't have HBO, feel free to drop in - plan a weekend visit around it. The series premier is Fri night Oct 17th @ 11PM - here's some more info : Foo Fighters Sonic Highways | The Official Website for the HBO Series

OMG - what a thrill! That is a once in a lifetime deal and you got to share it with your kids & Omar. Life is good!

I've been seeing the ads on HBO for the upcoming show all about how they made the new album and I can't wait to see it. If you don't have HBO, feel free to drop in - plan a weekend visit around it. The series premier is Fri night Oct 17th @ 11PM - here's some more info : Foo Fighters Sonic Highways | The Official Website for the HBO Series

Oh, we have HBO! Sonic Highways, can't wait! And I've already pre-ordered the new album, due out November 10th.

I'm all over what's going on! Still so amazed that the crowd-funded gig happened.

Hey Lisa, tell Ian Pink Floyd has new album coming out! I've heard a clip. It's classic PF! :D

very cool! so glad it worked out because i know what omslaw would have had to go through if it hadn't :thumbsup:

I thought we were all about Dave Matthews? Glad you enjoyed it. It's great when these guys show the love to the fans.

I thought we were all about Dave Matthews? Glad you enjoyed it. It's great when these guys show the love to the fans.

I love music Willie...seen so many concerts, I've lost track. This one was the best yet! :)

very cool! so glad it worked out because i know what omslaw would have had to go through if it hadn't :thumbsup:

Omar was such a trooper, patiently waiting all day for a band he knew nothing about.

I owe him for this one.

Omar was such a trooper, patiently waiting all day for a band he knew nothing about.

I owe him for this one.

i bet he'll know who Dave Grohl is if you ask him late one night, just saying :rofl:

I'm just glad it hasn't reached... like a stalker obsession with the man.

Thank god it hasn't reached the "personalized licence plate stage". :laugh:

Va....good luck.

Does the medical comuninty still believe in eletro-shock therapy...:whistle:

One can only hope.:laugh:

RSD.

I'm just glad it hasn't reached... like a stalker obsession with the man.

Thank god it hasn't reached the "personalized licence plate stage". :laugh:

Va....good luck.

Does the medical comuninty still believe in eletro-shock therapy...:whistle:

One can only hope.:laugh:

RSD.

Hey, every gal needs a hobby, right? I started stalking rock stars way back when... :whistle:

:p

Back