Computer whizzes!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I have 5 pics of the "radbusa" that I want to use for my avatar.  I want to have my avatar alternate between the five pics.  How do I do that??

Also, the pics I have are 717X525X16.7 million (approx)  61k  and I shrunk them to 96X96X16.7 million 14k for the avatar but they aren't sharp any more.  They're blurry.  If I let Hayabusa.org shrink it for me, same result blurry.

How can I resize the pics, but not have them get blurry.

1zhelp.gif

For the small blurry pic, look at my avatar.  Here's what the pic looked like before resizing.......not blurry.

Thanks

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109644484 -->

radbusa01.jpg

To make a .jpg smaller use Paint. Use "edit" then "stretch and skew" to decrease the size of the image.

<!--EDIT|bass boss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109644827 -->

find a gif maker.

a gif is a style of pic that can move. you can use a gif maker to create the 5 images alternating between them with a certain time limit between rotations

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109645845 -->

Another question, anyway to change a jpg over to gif without messing the colors up a little??

The problem with gifs is that they can only have a maximum of 256 colors, whereas jpgs can have thousands.

You can try reducing the number of colors in the jpg before conversion (e.g. turn the image into a black and white version and "paint" it with some simple colors from the gif palette), or tweaking the gifs palette after conversion. The Gif Animator program has various "dither" routines that might improve the colors, but you'll have to experiment.

Another freebie program, IrfanView (Download) will let you reduce the number of colors in the image, convert it to greyscale etc.

<!--EDIT|DAB
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109652339 -->

The problem with gifs is that they can only have a maximum of 256 colors, whereas jpgs can have thousands.

You can try reducing the number of colors in the jpg before conversion (e.g. turn the image into a black and white version and "paint" it with some simple colors from the gif palette), or tweaking the gifs palette after conversion. The Gif Animator program has various "dither" routines that might improve the colors, but you'll have to experiment.

Another freebie program, IrfanView (Download) will let you reduce the number of colors in the image, convert it to greyscale etc.
Thanks,
cool.gif
,I'll keep playing with it.

good job... looks good... should try and make the pics about the same size so when they rotate you don't see the other pic behind another.... but still pretty good for the time spent.

Back