I have a new bed partner that I am trying to get rid of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck been dealing with that for years 6 on 2 off schedule with random twelve hour shifts on call 24/7 it's a blasty blast :cheerleader:

+1 for Melatonin....that stuff works wonders and doesn't leave you drowsy in the morning. Lots of dreams. Leave the wiskey out of it...

+1 for Melatonin....that stuff works wonders and doesn't leave you drowsy in the morning. Lots of dreams. Leave the wiskey out of it...

I was kind of half kidding about the whiskey. Definitely not kidding about the melatonin. That stuff does work great and like skydivr says, it does not leave you drowsy in the morning.

Uhm, your girlfriend Palmela has a sure thing for a sleep aid. Otherwise, medicinal THC cannabinoids from a pure strain Indica will put you under and relieve the stress at the root of insomnia.

Going to sleep isn't the issue... It's staying asleep. I have tried the melatonin extended release and it didn't seem to help... I don't like taking pills anyway. I workout in the morning so that's not it. No TV in my room. I don't drink any caffeine other than coffee in the morning (that's just to keep me from going to prison for murder). I'm at a bit of a loss.

Have you ever thought about a sleep study? Seriously, ask your doctor about it.

Do you have to get up in the night to use the restroom?

Sleep Number Bed!!!
Had one for 3 years this month.
Love it!
Never slept better. Everything the commercials say are true.
They've been in business for around 30 years now, no surprise.
I have 3 buldging discs in my lower back. 2 vertebrate in my upper that slip out of place.
And a lot of old injuries. I hurt in a regular bed. 4 years ago I could hardly sleep anymore because of it.
The pain never subsided when I laid down, it just changed. I could get no relief.
Even before then it usually took quite some time for me to fall asleep.
Now I just lay on my back for about 5 minutes, and then roll to one side as I pass out.
It feels almost like floating, as there aren't any pressure points.
It is life changing.
It also doesn't get hot like most memory foam mattresses.
Go to a Sleep Number store and try one.
They give you 60 days to send it back if you don't like it.
It also goes together kind of like a sleeping bag with one or two air chambers to lay in it.
Some foam, and the air pump fits under the bed.
Point being, no furniture to move to get the bed set up, and one person can easily do a King size.
It's definitely worth trying!

This is relatively a new issue for me. I don't feel stressed. I have a cpap and usually that is like elephant tranq, put it on and I am gone. Already bought a new bed to see if that was the issue, nope. Still exploring ideas. I have spoken with my trainer and see if we need to change my supplement regiment. I'll get it figured out. For the record I slept well last night. Nope, don't get up to potty.

Just start reading a "whats the best oil thread", puts me to sleep everytime.:laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, the old wives method of a glass of milk come about because milk contains tryptothan, which helps sleep. You can get tryptothan as a supplement which is more potent and works better than a glass of milk.
Hope you find something that works for you.

Just start reading a "whats the best oil thread", puts me to sleep everytime.:laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, the old wives method of a glass of milk come about because milk contains tryptothan, which helps sleep. You can get tryptothan as a supplement which is more potent and works better than a glass of milk.
Hope you find something that works for you.

I thought we put the oil thread to bed, no pun intended.

Busa is developing a special custom oil, nothing else will ever be needed once that comes to market.

Oil, Heating oil, Fuel Oil, Service, Installation, A/C installation, Plumbing, Oil Delivery, Watertown, Newton, Waltham,Belmont, Arlington, Winchester,Lexington, Brighton,Cambridge, Needham, Busa Fuel Oil Company

Another sure fire thing that has worked for me is related to bodybuilding. When I was in Ramadi, Iraq around the time that the bridge was blown up, I started to have a hard time sleeping. In order to remedy this, I went to the weight-room in our building and did a full heavy workout. That was excellent. It was one of those 80% plus workouts. I was grunting and taxing my diaphragm. Later on, I consolidated that to three sets of intermediate weight 315lbs deadlifts for 10-12 reps each just so that I didn't get a bloody nose. Ooh.. Boy, that worked like a charm and any time I felt difficulty sleeping coming on, I would go out to the weight pile and do a quick 5-10 minute blast.

Try it, you might like it.

Also, the testosterone released by activating major muscle groups under intense weights plus the cardio effect really goes a long way to boosting morale, mood and overall stress mitigation.

Back