Checking in from China!

Adam G

Registered
Hey guys. Just thought I would share that I am reading your post from a hotel in China. Right now I am in Zhengzhou but we just flew here from Beijing. We are here picking up our adopted son and are having a great time.

If you ever get the chance to travel internationally China is a great place to go. I never would have picked this area, choosing Italy or Australia or something if I was going to take a 15 hour flight. However, I am really glad that I am here. What a great place with awesome sights and very gracious people.

Busa is sitting in the garage at home safe and sound. Looking forward to getting back on her when I get home.

Here is a pick of my wife and I with our boy Christian.

20140901_101103.jpg

I saw the news on Facebook too! Omar and I are so happy for your growing family Adam!!! :cheerleader:

wow gd for u. did u adopt him over there? I thought boys were highly sought after in China and it was the girls that always get adopted?

congrats..... have friends that have adopted from there 2 times now....but i have a question ....why not here? (not offensively i just dont understand why its not done)

Congatulations, Oh and be careful what you eat over there, every one from my company gets sick when visiting ,stay away from raw vegetables or anything that hasn't been cooked well . I think a lot of stuff is fertilized with pig or human waste. :(

congrats..... have friends that have adopted from there 2 times now....but i have a question ....why not here? (not offensively i just dont understand why its not done)

No offense taken. My first instinct was to adopt domestically since we have many children right here in the good ole USA that need a family. After looking into it we decided domestic just was not for us. The biggest issue was the fact that the biological father has up to 90 days in many states, 45 here in Minnesota, to decide that he would like to keep the child. The mother has 30 days. My wifes heart would not take it if we brought home a child and had to give the child back. It happens a lot actually. I do not remember the statistics any more but something like 20 percent of infant domestic adoption end with the biological parents changing their mind.

There are other factors as well. In our country drugs and alcohol use during pregnancy is very high in mothers with unwanted pregnancies was another factor that concerned us.

At the end of the day these concerns as well as the fact that my wifes sister is adopted from Korea were all things that made a child from China a good fit for us.

Back