wow, do I have some awesome friends

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
wow, I helped a buddy get his bike going today. It took me about an hour. So, I'm getting ready to leave, an' he says why dont you take this with you, a Honda EB 2200X portable generator. I told him I wasn't takin' that for an' hours work,in fact I wont accept anything for helping a bud. But the bastid insisted,and put it in the back of my jeep.

O ya, then he took me out for lunch, and kept hinting around that if I wanted to buy my other good buddies motorcycle shop... he'd back me finacially. Wow. Cool guy.
Can you fuggin' imagine that... he'd just toss up the dough. Probably over coffee. What a cool fuggin' guy.

Sometimes I am just blown away by people.

Anyway... does anybody have 1 of these generators, I played with this one for 5 or 10 minutes but couldn't get her going. Any special tricks ? It was professionally serviced, but has sat awhile I think. Its not a piece o crud by any means, it looks brand new. Probably has almost zero hours on it. I'll rebuild the carb etc etc, the usual stuff, but if anybody has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

hav an electrifying 1...RSD.

Just think RSD is the brand new owner of motorcycle shop.......Sweet!
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Sorry can't help you with the generator, sounds like you have a good friend!

Sounds like a great friend. Sounds like a "shocking"day. Good luck with the generator.

Sounds like a great friend.  Sounds like a "shocking"day.  Good luck with the generator.
Thanks Bill, but luck is/was not a factor. Went out today,pulled her cord 4 or 5 times,pulled the sparkplug,dry as a martini. Re/re'd the carb(mains were green) tossed her back together...

first pull. Ya gotta love Honduh(well sometimes).

When I had the plug out,I looked in her hole,an' the top of that piston was cleaner than a nun's... nevermind. Low hours on this thing. Now I feel even worse for takin' it.

Maybe I'll sell it and give him the money....

hav a good 1...RSD

wow, I helped a buddy get his bike going today. It took me about an hour. So, I'm getting ready to leave, an' he says why dont you take this with you, a Honda EB 2200X portable generator.   I told him I wasn't takin' that for an' hours work,in fact I wont accept anything for helping a bud. But the bastid insisted,and put it in the back of my jeep.

O ya, then he took me out for lunch, and kept hinting around that if I wanted to buy my other good buddies motorcycle shop... he'd back me finacially. Wow. Cool guy.
  Can you fuggin' imagine that... he'd just toss up the dough. Probably over coffee.  What a cool fuggin' guy.

Anyway...  does anybody have 1 of these generators, I played with this one for 5 or 10 minutes but couldn't get her going.   Any special tricks ?  It was professionally serviced but has sat awhile I think.   Its not a piece o crud by any means, it looks brand new.  Probably has almost zero hours on it.    I'll rebuild the carb etc etc, the usual stuff, but if anybody has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Rubbah...my crazy brotha bastid...

"Sat playing with her for 5-10 mins".

"she was Professionally Serviced"

You gots yerself a PRO on yer hands, there, Rubbah. Ya need to try a lil harder to work yer mojo on this one...the regualr wine an dine route just won't work.

Mebbe the lower region should be left a lil hairy at first...she kinda sounds like a conventional 'ol gal and the clean-shaven approach might get her unsettled. Cleaner than nun's huh? Wow. May need a lil bit of work in the woo-ing department.

All in all...ya just gotta "break" her in...nice and smooth like. Ya know...takin yer time an such. You can always..."get smooth" later on, if ya know what I mean. Heheh....

Definitely sounds like an awesome friend ya got there, Rubbah....although I always believed that "birds of a feather flock together". If ya know I mean.
wink.gif

Have a well-machined one...hehe.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109559154 -->

wow, I helped a buddy get his bike going today. It took me about an hour. So, I'm getting ready to leave, an' he says why dont you take this with you, a Honda EB 2200X portable generator.   I told him I wasn't takin' that for an' hours work,in fact I wont accept anything for helping a bud. But the bastid insisted,and put it in the back of my jeep.

Can you fuggin' imagine that... he'd just toss up the dough. Probably over coffee.  What a cool fuggin' guy.

Anyway...  does anybody have 1 of these generators, I played with this one for 5 or 10 minutes but couldn't get her going.   Any special tricks ?  It was professionally serviced, but has sat awhile I think.   Its not a piece o crud by any means, it looks brand new.  Probably has almost zero hours on it.    I'll rebuild the carb etc etc, the usual stuff, but if anybody has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

And to think...RSD does have some streaks of humanity left in him.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Anyway...  does anybody have 1 of these generators, I played with this one for 5 or 10 minutes but couldn't get her going.   Any special tricks ?  It was professionally serviced, but has sat awhile I think.   Its not a piece o crud by any means, it looks brand new.  Probably has almost zero hours on it.    I'll rebuild the carb etc etc, the usual stuff, but if anybody has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
I do not. I resent that you big bastid. Do not make me come down there an repeatedly bash my face against yer big fist. I will hurt you. I will cause possible soft tissue damage to your knuckle areas. I could in fact cause injury to your feet too after repeated blows to my rib cage. Dont do it. Don't make me come down there. I'll ruin yer carpets... I'll bleed all over them.

don't make me...

uploaded_icon_pissed2_1_.gif

MAN, Rubbah you get your own shop? That would be so cool... Start building and selling custom sportbikes...
thumbs-up.gif

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
I do not. I resent that you big bastid.  Do not make me come down there an repeatedly bash my face against yer big fist. I will hurt you. I will cause possible soft tissue damage to your knuckle areas. I could in fact cause injury to your feet too  after repeated blows to my rib cage.   Dont do it.  Don't make me come down there.  I'll ruin yer carpets...  I'll bleed all over them.

don't make me...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey Rubb

are ya sure ya want to have a motorcycle shop if ya cant get a generator working
rock.gif
..... j/k

good luck on it
laugh.gif

Back