Tornado Watch in SoCal!!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Holy crap!!!

Tornado watch for Santa Barbara south along the coast until 6pm west coast time.

I work in a 60' tower with windows all around, at least I'll see it com'in  
smile.gif
 Naw, I'm not worried yet, its only a watch...

Still, very rare for SoCal.
This winter is LA's 4th wettest year in recorded history.  Cool, as long as you haven't been flooded, landslided, leaked, or tonadoed on!!

We did spot 3 water spouts this morning
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109108779 -->

Wicked cool... use to live in Lubbock, TX and was on a chase crew. Tornados are awesome to behold as long as you respect them... but in SoCal? Maybe the quake over by Indonesia (you know the one that is still being felt) really did mess things up when it shifted the Earths orbit.
rock.gif
I wonder what kind of summer weather its going to bring?

so many roads are being washed out here that this summer we're going to be reduced to riding the I-10 and riding the clover-leafs for kicks
wow.gif

That is some crazy weather you guys are having. The destruction is unreal!

Telling ya, When Rev moves across the country nature has to do what it can to maintain a balance.
smile.gif

Notice Seattle has been Sunny and 50's since my arrival...
wow.gif
Very unusual weather for the winters up here.

When the wife and I first moved to Tampa, we arrived and Floridas 10 year drought ended. No shid. Ended the wildfires as well.

The hurricanes? Rev's house never even lost power with the eyes driving right by twice... Hell the lights didn't even flicker.

So I am wondering, What the hell... AND I am knocking on wood and NOT looking a gift horse in the Mouth...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109112858 -->

Can you believe this mess!!?? I'm in La Mirada getting ready to head home from work. I don't want to get anywhere near the 5 this afternoon. Thank God I get to take surface streets home. Think i'm gonna watch The Day After Tomorrow again tonight to get myself prepared.
smile.gif

Its official, tornado touched down in LA. Very weak and small, but hey a tornado is a tornado. According to Ch 7 news(abc).

Its official, tornado touched down in LA.  Very weak and small, but hey a tornado is a tornado.  According to Ch 7 news(abc).
did they say where? It got insanely windy here (Venice) for a very short time earlier this afternoon, followed by a huge clap of thunder.

in other news, Malibu Canyon closed due to slide today.....

btw, if anyone's planning to go up the PCH tmrw (2/23), it's closed by Topanga due to a slide....

screw riding this wknd, this be snowboarding weather
devil.gif

Back