Calif dmv

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
As I understand it, any vehicle pruchased outside of calif can not be registered here until odometer has at least 7500 miles on it.

I am purchasing a busa from Oregon with only 2800 on it, any idea's?

( Of course I am gonn ride the hell out it for the next few months and will rack up %K quickly but any other thoughts? )

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

Thanx - K

rock.gif

rock.gif

Someone posted about that a while back. I agree you should just ride the crap out of it to get it to 7500 and then go register it. Don't really understand that rule, but I'm sure there's a reason.

Cali is a beautiful place to visit, but with laws like that... I darn sure wouldn't want to live there.
mad.gif

Do you know any one in Oregon
rock.gif
why not register it there for now.

seeing as Oregon is so close to CA are you sure it is not a CA model? Check the epa sticker. You might get lucky

If its a CA model you can register it new(below 7500miles).
If its not, then you have to ride it until its considered used(7500+ miles), don't tell the DMV and don't get a pulled over.

The law is to keep California residents from purchasing 49 state models(dirty emissions, yeah whatever) in other states. Cali likes its clean air.....
The law doesn't not take in account people who move into the state with a new(below 7500 miles) bike.

"A friend of mine" just rode it until he had 7500+ miles, went to the DMV and told them the bike just entered the state. Worked for him
tounge.gif

Or you could do the inversive of the dremel on the speedo cable.

You know how you here about people turnin back their odometer? Well Kent, turn yours up your busa will be a real good buy if you ever sell it.

Kent :
"It says 15,000 but it really only has 7500 miles on it."
Buyer : "huh?"
Kent : Yah, I turned up the odometer."

Roy

BTW Did you goto Laguna? It rained so bad I spent the whole day and night moving lumber. haven't Heard yet.

You know how you here about people turnin back their odometer? Well Kent, turn yours up your busa will be a real good buy if you ever sell it.

Kent :

Roy

BTW Did you goto Laguna? It rained so bad I spent the whole day and night moving lumber. haven't Heard yet.
It doesn't use a cable
40__s.gif

Kent :

Roy

Now there's an idea! Dremel ... huh who would a thunk.
rock.gif

No Laguna was too wet
mad.gif
I am gonna miss Infinion too, cause I'll be paint my house in Hawaii.
sad.gif

if it was new york state dmv ,no such law in nys , id just write on the dmv paperwork 7501 miles ! do they look at the bike in cali ? or can you just fudge it ?

that sucks ! ny its all your word ? ive been buyin cars for 100 bucks all my life they all had way over 100000 miles ? suposedly ? sorry maybe s used cluster from ebay ? cali has always been tough ?

Back