VW New Beetle

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
Just bought a 2001 GLS Turbo Beetle for my daughter. It has 46,000 miles on the clock and it's in super shape. I paid $8,900 for it. Seemed like a pretty good deal.

For anyone who has one, is this a good deal? Anything in particular that I should be alert for with this car?

I don't have one or know if that is a good price for one. Just DO NOT disconnect the battery for any reason. If you do make sure you use some kind of auxiliary power backup supply. If you don't the computer dies and the only way you will ever get it running again is to have to towed to the dealer where they will overcharge you to reprogram it.
mad.gif
A buddy from work went through this with his wifes car.

I don't have one or know if that is a good price for one.  Just DO NOT disconnect the battery for any reason.  If you do make sure you use some kind of auxiliary power backup supply.  If you don't the computer dies and the only way you will ever get it running again is to have to towed to the dealer where they will overcharge you to reprogram it.
mad.gif
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I don't have one or know if that is a good price for one.  Just DO NOT disconnect the battery for any reason.  If you do make sure you use some kind of auxiliary power backup supply.  If you don't the computer dies and the only way you will ever get it running again is to have to towed to the dealer where they will overcharge you to reprogram it.
mad.gif
What kind of scam is that?
wow.gif

mad.gif
What kind of scam is that?  
wow.gif
about a $300 one.
mad.gif

mad.gif

it's exceptionally hard to determine the true value of a used car without actually walking around, kickin' the tires, and driving it a little.

I have sold a few of them though.. seem to be ok little cars. I do know those little cool keys are expensive little mofo's about $120 to get one cut and programmed if you got keyless entry which I'm sure the turbo lotta letters version does.

The last folks I sold one too seem very happy with theirs though.

I do remember somebody telling me that they don't rate all that high on most "used car good buys" lists because of some mechanical issues some of them have... don't know much about that though.. like I said the ones I've sold seem to be happy customers.

I do think the jetta is an overated turd with wheels though.

brought the same car 3 years ago. still have it. a little over 60K on the odometer. we've had no problems so far. can tell you the headlight can be a pain to change. dealer will charge about 100.00 to do it. what a rip. I went to vwvortex.com to find out how to do it myself.

jwcfbd ....
mad.gif
German cars are a pile of junk!

Gimme a Italian or an American car any day
biggrin.gif

Back