Birthday present for oldest son.

Windmill

Registered
Heyammie..... here is stone(d) Windmill again ....

I know a song : let us sing :
All we are is very fast dust in the wind ....
All we are is very extremely fast dust in the wind ....

Same old song ....
All ZX12R crumbles in the sky , though they refused to see ...
Duuuuuuuuuusssssssttt .... in the wind .....
All we are is very fast dust in the wind ...

Serious :
What would you do if you had the chance ??
I ask you : to vote (not for a president - just vote ...)

I want to give my son (on 12 march 's becoming 18 years old)
a gift he will remember his entire life.

In Holland , if you become 18 , you may learn drive a motor get driving licence -     nice , very nice.

Now he is absolute crazy for SUZUKI.  ( like his little daddy )
In fact , he made me do the Turbo dance ... he did !!!
Now what shall i give him ??

A SUZUKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GSXR-600

Some like this beauty ....

http://www.imageshack.us

Do not tell him , must be a secret.

In case he reads this random thought :
Go away you hear .... it was a joke ...... i do not have
the cash ..... you know me son ,  always bullshitt so do not
believe anything , when i was your age my dad gave me
a ...  ehhhhh ,  a ..... ehhhhh sorry i forgot ....

Tell ye what - if 25 of my USA Busa friends say i have
to do this , than i keep my word , hmmmmokay ?!?!?

If they don't - than i give you a huggie for free.
That is also nice ..... and costs nothing !!!
And tell me hounestly - who's son's daddies huggies their son's ?  There you go .....

25 that's all .
Bet , will never be 25 ....

wow.gif
That would make an awesome gift.
cool.gif

it would make an awesome gift... but speaking from my own personal experience. . . .

I almost talked my dad into a gsxr600 for my 17th b-day and he ended up deciding against it.. of course I was pissed at the time.. but looking back on it I should probably say thanks for not giving me something to kill/mangle/destroy my life with.. because I was absoloutly NOT ready for anything like that at the time.

of course I don't know your son, so he may be different. I just know I would have been WFO 99% of the time until I found the tree, car, guardrail.. whatever. It would have ended badly I'm sure.

If you have the confidence, give it to him! (that's six)

I say go for it! (6th?)
And by the way, that whole "age" thing is bullshit. I turned 18 last october and a month later got a Busa
smile.gif
. Now it IS about the 7th bike I've had, and for the last 4 months that I've had it I've managed to stay out of trouble (both ticket-wise and accident-wise). Anyways, what I believe it comes down to is the person. If you think your son is ready, then it'll be a blast (both for you AND your son because I assume you'll go out riding together. I know my dad enjoys going out riding with me as much as I do with him).

If he rides and is ready for a 600, do it by all means. I would have loved to go riding with my sons. By the way, keep the songs coming!

Sounds like a good way to spend some quality time with your son. Go for it.

Can you adopt me?
Damn, beat me to it.

I say do it with one caveat. Make a legitimate decision as to whether he can responsibly operate the bike.

At that age I would've been front wheel at 12 o'clock, back wheel smokin....6 feet under.

I begged my parents for a bike for years with no luck. Damn, my mom was pissed when I bought the busa and I was 32 for God's sake.

You have my vote it you think he's good to go.

I'm #14 to vote yes. You wouldn't be contemplating this if you honestly felt he would hurt himself with such a gift. My wife also votes Yes so she makes #15
biggrin.gif

I vote yes also, as long as he understands the potential danger associated with motorcycling in general. Would be a great opportunity for you and your son to spend quality time together. Good luck, Chris

Can I cast 2 votes
rock.gif

Give him the 600... Its a beautiful bike, and he will love it!
biggrin.gif

He is a lucky boy...

I say if he,s mature enough, give it on the condition that he takes a safety coarse BEFORE you turn him loose on his own.

Back