Pa patriot day training

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
i decided to organize, as a test, to gather individuals of like mind for training. no its not a militia. i am trying to create what we have lost here in america, and that is a true community. A community where a group of individuals/familys with different skills come together to support each other through sharing of skills and experiences. Our focus is SURVIVAL. Today's training started with some classroom time with discussion of prepping, bug out bag building, and understanding how quickly utility's and "taken for granted" supply's become scarce. then we moved on to teaching handgun skills in the indoor range starting with those with NO handgun experience (this includes children under strict supervision) and adults with 2-3 range officers, NRA licensed instructors and parents (of the kids) keeping a strict eye on the firing line adhering to all range safety rules including commands , chamber flags ect. then we progressed to open range for those with handgun experience. critique of groups and input to improve. then we progressed to "stress" situations of shoot , mag change, shoot and running and shooting from cover with mag changes. after lunch of our famous Haya's in the Hills chili we progressed outside to continue with outdoor range pistol work and rifle. it was a excellent day with everyone sharing their experiences and skills and excitement for monthly training with ever changing topics. ill post my you tube channel because there were so many videos to share.

here is one of my group doing a 2x2 cover run

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have a nice turnout Chris? We have a local guy that runs a gun range, hosts quite a few days both NRA-sponsored and some of his own, just to get the community together and more familiar with handling guns. It's always a full day and people come in droves, kids and all. We've gone many times now with our kids...everyone's learned a lot.

:thumbsup:

we had 20 plus....with everyone excited to do it monthly. one gentleman that came was ex millitary, nra instructor and appleseed instructor. we are going to host a appleseed event Project Appleseed Home

That's awesome Chris. Kudos to you for staying so involved! No one can accuse you of not being passionate about this :thumbsup:

Back