Whats the dumbest brain dead thing you have ever done to your busa.? Not on it. to it

jch364

Registered
The reason I ask is because I had a brain dead moment with mine.. again... and its really kinda funny so I thought I would share it so we could all get a good laugh. Plus I know that I am not the only one that has done silly things to their bikes. Not on it however. I dont think there is enough disk space for that..lol..
So here are my 3 top dummy moments.
1. I changed my front pads on my bike one time and I had done it before so it was no big deal. Not really rocket science after all. Well I put one side on backwards.. Yes backwards. Amazing that it actually fit really.lol. I noticed it after about 10 miles and checked it and realized what I did. The good news is that neither the pads nor the rotor was damaged in any way if you can imagine that...
2. I changed my own oil. And I do it at 3k miles. I have 49k on it now so I have done it a few times. Well a cple of years ago I was changing my oil and for what ever reason I had a dyslexic moment and tightened it instead of loosening the bolt. Cracked the pan bigger than snot. Looked bad. Well got it fixed but I mean come on. Geesh. That was the most expensive one
3. I bought one of those shorai batteries. big one with the 270+ cca and the special little charger that has a special little price to boot. Well I had been having issues with it this year and thought it was weird that it didnt seem to have a lot of azz in it. I got it cause of my luck with regular batteries isn't good and I thought this would be great especially since i had a 1397 kit put in. Well I just realized that all this year I have had it hooked up to the 6 volt side instead of the 12 volt side. Gee that might explain a lot..lol.... Thats what i get for not really reading the instructions...
ok enough self deprivation... your turn.

Re: Whats the dumbest brain dead thing you have ever done to your busa.? Not on it. t

Took the stickers off the first day (66 mile on her from the dealership) and the last one removed the paint from the front left of headlight. I just laughed and her name was born, Patch! Pat still graces her ass end and she has been patched a few times, since.
She is still the dirtiest Busa on the board, I guarantee that! Even have an award to prove it! Heehee!

Re: Whats the dumbest brain dead thing you have ever done to your busa.? Not on it. t

One time I didn't take it out on a beautiful sunny day! I know I know... Oh the horror!!:laugh:

strapped my busa on trailer incorrectly, first turn I was watching in the mirror how it fell on it`s side and cracked tail plastic. $240 later it was looking new again.

Took the stickers off the first day (66 mile on her from the dealership) and the last one removed the paint from the front left of headlight. and installed a review camera

1. Lubing the chain, moved the bus forward and wasn't paying attention to the kick stand like I should. I ended up with a bike sitting in my lap. Thankfully I got it back up with zero damage other than my pride.

2. I was out riding with a buddy and he was excited because we just pulled in at the race track. He stops, I pull to his left and I see him and his bike make a slow, slow decent towards me. I grabbed his handle bar while still on my bike, repositioned myself and pulled him back up (his feet weren't wide enough to catch it himself). I asked him "What the hell was that about?" He just said "that has never happened to me, I forgot to put down the kickstand!"

Pulled into garage and started to get off,realized didnt put kick stand down,theres a wall to my left and so i put my back into it to save the busa from damage,my side breaks through the wall and i catch a 2x4 and broke a rib,didnt forget ever again...4 weeks of pain breathing...lol

oh god. thats terrible.... your bike beat you up...lol.. now thats a painful reminder....lol

Bought it :laugh:

My list of stupid is so long i should get extra credit for this post!

1 Forgot to put kickstand down...ended up flat on my face with the heavy little girl laying on my back and legs. No damage...

2 put the old girl on rear stand...just to realize i missed the stud on the left side down she came once again on top of my as there was no way in hell i was letting her hit the pavement. damage to me only

3 lube chain time. bike on stand running in gear....ya i know dum dum dum. Started to apply lube...realized after i was shot in the face that i had grabbed motor oil insted...talk about eating crow...errrrr oil.

4 The number one stupid move i made....Open rear hump...insert soda pop...close rear hump...or so i thought....start motorcycle up leave store get on interstate twist wrist frt end comes up....rear hump disappears in side mirror view....uggg

Used a cheap oil filter... :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went completely brain dead going into a curve. Ended up in bushes along a fence row between the bike and a fence post. Hurt my wife and my bike:down:

2 put the old girl on rear stand...just to realize i missed the stud on the left side down she came once again on top of my as there was no way in hell i was letting her hit the pavement. damage to me only

Same here, only right side instead of left. Tried to dive under it so it landed on me instead of garage...

My second Busa, a black/silver 05; I had a terrible sinus infection and was on very strong antibiotics. One morning I was late for work because I was sick, but I had to get to work quick in DC (45 miles from my house) because I had a very important meeting to attend. I knew the only way to get there was using the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes, and unless you are in a car pool or on a motorcycle you can't use the HOV lanes. So, feeling sick and light-headed I popped my antibiotics on an empty stomach, got suited up, jumped on the Busa, rolled down the driveway, blacked out temporarily and dropped it right in the driveway. :whistle:

flushed out my clutch reservoir with engine oil....

to this day , i cant figure out where my head was...

:banghead:

1. Washing bike in back yard put brick under kickstand to sit bike up straight squat down soaping down the gas tank pushing alittle too hard bike starts to fall away from me tried to grab bar to save it no luck wet sneakers wet grass my first highside.
2. Changing oil always have 50,000 plus miles couldn't get filter til next day so I drain oil next day put new filter on pour in first quart of oil on to see it run out on carport forgot to put drain plug back in. synthetic too $$$

Used a cheap oil filter... :banghead:

30 year ago on my first bike, I changed oil, didn`t noticed oil dripping down, got on it hard, 10 minutes later I was riding about 60 noticed that I was running out of the road and hit brakes hard, slowed down to about 30 when I hit carb stone, traveled another 30' and flew of the bike when it hit side of the convenience store, smashed huge glass with my helmet and landed on my feet in the middle of the store. Luckily didn`t hurt anyone. bike was totaled and I run from the cops, they never found me, bike was plateless and no vin existed back then. Needless to say I never had a vehicle with oil dripping anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time changing oil on a bike I didnt check close enough for the gasket that was stuck to the motor. Put new filter on with gasket as well and took it for a ride. Trail of oil up the street.

I still dont know for sure if i screwed the battery up. I called the company and they said maybe. they said to try to get it to store and charge a few times. funny thing is though is that today when i looked at the charger it was still blinking errors so i had kinda given up so i unplugged it. but then decided to recheck the connections and plug it back in and believe it or not it started to work. its now working its way to store mode and no errors. if it gets there i will then try the charge mode and repeat the process a cpl of times. maybe the contact were dirty and that was the real problem and i was lucky on the 6volt charging screw up. we shall see

Back