Welcome back folks.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I think we have things back online, how well we dont know but we did learn a few things and made some adjustments.

still some issues but I think that we have a good idea of where to go from here..

Things seem to work. Still has that problem with things not showing in what's new tab?
My first post above made the thread disappear from that column.

Things seem to work. Still has that problem with things not showing in what's new tab?
My first post above made the thread disappear from that column.

Blanca part of perceived problem is part of the planned features that the developers put into place... the belief the VB developers has is that if you post the last thing in the thread then it should not show up in the "New Post" section because you just entered the message... While the logic might be right they changed the way the feature used to work and that just messes with folks...

What we are still seeing is the delay for new post to process, meaning that a person used to be able to click on the new post button over and over and you would get a message that no new messages were there, now there is a delay, you can click the button and no results come back on the screen even if you manually go into the forums and see there are new post... The latter is the real problem......

cap

'Messes with folks' is putting it lightly. :laugh:

But I understand. What I don't understand is to a simpleton like me it would seem that this requires extra programming no?
I post and don't see it because it's not new to me. But others see it because it's new to them right?
In order to do that isn't there some program or line of code or whatever you'd call it to do all that filtering?
Seems like they are over thinking things is all.

Works for me....... For a minute there I though the site had an Obamacare virus....... :whistle:

Well it worked for 4 times of checking "What's New?" Then the dreaded "Sorry no matches" to your search. nuts :banghead:

Back