Old TV Sci-Fi shows

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Brady Bunch reminded me of old TV Sci-Fi shows. Having given up on the lackluster shows of today where the entire premis seems to be to inspire, propagate, encourge and live dysfunctional lives or watch fake people being real but fakely, I've begun collecting DVD's of old shows withOUT such deeply shallow mantalities. Instead they consist of some outlandish sci-fi theories and focus on the plot instead of special effects - which are so bad by today's standards that you HAVE to think about the plot instead of the eye candy. Do these ring any bells with anyone:

Twilight Zone
Outer Limits
Star Trek
U.F.O.
Space 1999

Am I missing any? Need to be pre 80's to be in this group.

B00006FN32.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I heard of the last two but never watched them, are they UK based?

Lost in Space was one of my favorites and probably would still be if they'd put it back on.

Dr. Who is another cheesy sci fi, but I don't think I ever made it through one episode...I just never cared for any shows out of the UK.

The Twilight Zone has to be my favorite sci-fi show of all time. It's amazing how many mega stars got their start on that show.
super.gif

Land of the Lost. Greg, it needs to get nice out so you can ride and take some pics. Sounds like you are going a little stir crazy. Remember the bologna sandwich post awhile back?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

anybody remember the invaders. it was about aliens slowly coming to earth to take over. only one man (human) found out. the show was about him trying to convince other humans while trying not to be killed by the aliens.

anyway anybody remember that one?
smile.gif

This show was late 70's but it still counts...I think
Battle star gallactica was cool....

I watched a few episodes of :

Night Gallery
Voyage to the Bottom of the sea
Six million Dollar man
Land of the Giants

not TRUE sci-fi but sorta close.

hav a good 1....earthling.... RSD.

anybody remember the invaders. it was about aliens slowly coming to earth to take over. only one man (human) found out. the show was about him trying to convince other humans while trying not to be killed by the aliens.

anyway anybody remember that one?
smile.gif
That was my favorite show when I was a kid!
smile.gif

smile.gif

I yeah, I forgot! I got BattleStar already..... watched the whole thing.... won't need to do THAT again for about 15 years - pretty lame but fun for a time warp. I grew up worshiping that show. LOVED night gallery too - sort of the TwilightZone sequal. Where are shows like that today? The new Outer Limits might as well be Creep Show and I haven't seen enough of the new TZ to know if it's actually good - I saw they remade an episode or two, but SURELY we have plenty of new authors writing good plots with wild twists beside M/ Night Shamalyn. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea rocked with the Flying Sub being my absolute favorite craft!! I have that movie but no flying sub in it.
sad.gif
Six million was good but not memorable to me. And ya HAD to watch Land of the giants after school at 4:30 every day! hahahhaha And lost in space... again great for the time but I don't think I could sit thru much of it now
smile.gif
Personal pref I guess: OH THE PAIN, THE PAIN!!! SHUT THE HECK UP ALREADY, DR. SMITH!

I dont think I've ever seen The Invaders - vaguely remember the title. I'll have to check it out. I never saw The Prisoner either - but it SEEMED kinda SCIFIish

I just don't get the NEW Battlestar Galactica - other than names and outerspace war it seemed to have NOTHING to do with the old show. Why didn't they go for original and start something totally fresh and new? It would have worked. I know it has fans, but seeing as I like the first one, the new one seems kinds silly. Coulda called it "Universal Crisis" or anything and it would stand on it's own.

Oh well. I'll keep collecting/watching oldies.

U.F.O. I think it WAS a little british but NOTHING like Doctor Who. It's so funny seeing a 70's show pretending to be in 1980 and how "Austin Powers" the whole thing looks: girls in silver mini skirts and tall leather boots and purple wigs - color wheel morphing in the background.... aaah good old fun stuff and not some soap opera where you are worried about any particular character sleeping with some other character under one tree on a hill. Man. Is it all down hill from here??

see if this rings any bells - it was out before Space 1999 [1999 was supposed to be the sequal to UFO but they went a new direction]

Last edited by a moderator:
S.H.A.D.D.?  ...hmm... no don't remember that one.

Or is that S.H.A.D.O.?

<!--EDIT|UR IT!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108520992 -->

Lost in Space
Dr. Who
Land of the Lost
Six million Dollar man
Buck Rogers
Back in the day when TV was fun to watch.
cool.gif

What? No one likes "SpaceBalls"? Oh, the humanity!

SET THE SHIP FOR LUDICROUS SPEED!!!

Back in the day when TV was fun to watch.
cool.gif

Yeah Buck Rogers! Forgot that one too.

Spaceballs.... BAHAHAHAHAHA I love it when they accidently slay a guy on the movie production crew while fighting.. "Um.. HE did it!"
EXACTLY, MAN! Where is that now? Some of hte new star treks were okay but lacking humanity or something. all the spins-offs I see could have been daytime soap operas if they removed them from outer space.

Not so much old, but really unique. Anyone ever watch Red Dwarf, British people in Space, doesn't get much better than that.

I'm too young for this post.

Count me in for;

Knight Rider
Airwolf
A Team.......fool.......

Back