And this is why I drive a pickup (accident pics)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
On the way into town this morning, rear ended when traffic slowed. Everybody walked away unhurt. My daughter was with me and it spooked her but she's ok. Driver of the car (woman) was UNINSURED and UNEMPLOYED...awfully nice car to be uninsured...

:banghead::banghead:

IMG_2282 (Large).jpg

IMG_2283 (Large).jpg

IMG_2285 (Large).jpg

IMG_2286 (Large).jpg

Looks like the Silverado handled it much better....I'd guess she was "distracted' and didn't slow down.

It was wet and rainy; there was slower traffic ahead and a lot of brakelights. I stopped, she didn't...

Man that sucks. I am glad all are ok. I don't understand how she gets away with no ins. But if you don't have it to pay for it you can't have it either.

Trailer hitches do wonders for helping stop a car that is going to run into you.

Glad that you're OK. Hopefully she was hauled away for not having insurance. (I'm sure she wasn't, but you know - our lax legal/judicial system...)

Isn't TN an insurance optional state? We ran into that down at Myrtle a few years ago with a fellow hitting one of the bikes and he was uninsured.

Definitely looks like the dent totaled that Chevy!!! :laugh:

Glad you all are OK

I know lots of people with nice cars. They sign the papers and never make a payment. :laugh: Anyway, glad everyone was alright. Believe it or not you don't have to have a drivers license, a registered or insured vehicle to drive up and down the road.

I had a guy in Michigan cut across five lanes and slam on the breaks in front of me a year or so ago.. I hit him doing 80 mph, and he just laughed it off because he had no coverage, and being from Canada, we have full coverage.

SO I tossed the car on a flatbed, and took it home, rebuilt it in the garage. Probably cost me less in the long run than actually going through insurance, but still a pain in the ass...

No, insurance is a requirement in TN. A lot of people get it, get the car registered, then let it expire...

Oh well, I've notified State Farm...we'll see how this goes....

Big Chevy beats little Chevy. What was that? Looks like either a Sonic or a Spark. Either way, just glad you weren't hurt.

Isn't TN an insurance optional state? We ran into that down at Myrtle a few years ago with a fellow hitting one of the bikes and he was uninsured.

Definitely looks like the dent totaled that Chevy!!! :laugh:

Glad you all are OK

We are required to have insurance in TN. I believe these are the bare minimums allowed...

Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident

Property Damage Liability: $15,000 per accident

Initial BDA (Battle Damage Assessment): Impact to hitch, hitch is bolted to Frame - frame is bent (up) at attachment points both sides. Hitch impacted all the way to the spare (can't get spare out). Bumper touching/dented quarter panel (x1); can't lower tailgate without scraping QP so I'm not doing it. Straightening the frame may be worth (in the insurance company's mind) more than the 11 year old truck with 230K miles on it (I sure hope not). I do not want them to hand me a check for $3K and total it; because a new truck will cost me wayyyy more than fixing this one.

Oh well, reported it to the insurance company today; nothing to do now but wait until the accident report comes out and see what State Farm says...

It's great to know that everyone walked away from that. She should have to do some jail time for not having insurance. Although it seems a bit extreme, you shouldn't have a car if you can't afford everything that goes with it. She probably was messing with her cell phone and was not paying attention.

Wow, that car really crumpled. I guess that is the way the are designed these day, take the impact so the passengers don't. Makes me glad I drive a full size truck too.

glad you two walked away ok...sounds like it's time to take her big screen TV's, iphone, laptop, any jewelry, etc. to the pawn shop so she can pay you for the damage to your vehicle!

Glad you are okay!

I really get sick and tired of seeing this happen over and over again. I wish they would just start taking people cars when they don't have insurance. Let that crap sit on an impound lot at $200 a day and see how cheap insurance suddenly is. :banghead:

Back