So, I've decided to switch jobs

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
In my Air Force career, I have been on my AC-130H gunships for over 11 years. I love 'em. I love 'em more than any other airframe no matter what anyone says. Spectre gunships are my babies. I'm currently an engine troop and have decided to cross train to flight engineer. I put in my paperwork, got scheduled for my physical and exams, and I'm ready to move on. I've even got some really good guys helping me get a job on some great airframes (although I can't be on mine because they are retiring).

Just thought I'd share some good news.

:cheerleader:

Big change for you going to flight status. I miss working on them...never thought I would say that when I was in, but sure do miss them. I spent my 10 at Hurlburt and decided I needed to move on.

Congrats.

When? I was there 02 to 09

Big change for you going to flight status. I miss working on them...never thought I would say that when I was in, but sure do miss them. I spent my 10 at Hurlburt and decided I needed to move on.

Congrats.

I built the FLIR tracking systems your guns use. It is one helluva platform for amazing firepower.

Haha...I got out in 92...I was an 327th Master Instructor my last 4 years in...we are separated by years, but we shared the same job. I was run qualified at 22yrs old...

I appreciate it ya'll. I really can't wait to get started with it all. I would have done it sooner but manning was too big of an issue. Twobrothersbusa, good to see other engines guys on here lol. I'm excited.

I got out in 92 and would have been retired in 02. I don't regret it though...I have been with Rockwell Automation for nearly 20 years now. I would not have made it to where I am now with out the Air Force.

Since we are playing 20 questions....How long can you hold your hand on a propeller pump housing motor before it is considered above 150 degrees f?

LOL About 5 seconds! Now, Twobros, what is the nominal setting for a -15 turbine?

I got out in 92 and would have been retired in 02. I don't regret it though...I have been with Rockwell Automation for nearly 20 years now. I would not have made it to where I am now with out the Air Force.

A fellow Rockwellite. I didn't know they had anything up in Tennessee. I was with Autonetics for awhile, then ComSec, then Strategic . I miss my time with StratSystems. I'd go back to work for the Rock if they had some fun programs. Once peace broke out everywhere, they started selling off everything I worked for....LOL.

130 hercules workhorse of the AF. Haven't seen one made into a gunship since Puff the magic dragon. is that the same?

Back