my american speeding ticket

kitchener rider

I was cheap, so all I got was a lousy t-shirt
Registered
back in july I got caught going pretty quick on an interstate. cop told me to call the local court house and try and plead it over the phone.(actually was a nice guy). So I called the court as he said and was told I would be looking at 375-675 plus 100 court costs and 4 points. At this point since points are transferrable across the border I called a lawyer, he said not to worry I can get it down to a parking ticket and zero points. At this point I said I was flying on the interstate and he responded with that doesn't matter. A bit sceptical, but what choice did I have. So 11 weeks later I get an email, parking ticket fine to paid $100.00. Guess it boils down to as long as everyone in the united stink gets paid its all good. Was happy to pay the 100 bucks.

anyone can get no points. you don't need a lawyer. just go to court, talk to the prosecutor and ask to have it reduced to a non point violation.

back in july I got caught going pretty quick on an interstate. cop told me to call the local court house and try and plead it over the phone.(actually was a nice guy). So I called the court as he said and was told I would be looking at 375-675 plus 100 court costs and 4 points. At this point since points are transferrable across the border I called a lawyer, he said not to worry I can get it down to a parking ticket and zero points. At this point I said I was flying on the interstate and he responded with that doesn't matter. A bit sceptical, but what choice did I have. So 11 weeks later I get an email, parking ticket fine to paid $100.00. Guess it boils down to as long as everyone in the united stink gets paid its all good. Was happy to pay the 100 bucks.

Amazing huh? Cop has you dead to rights guilty of a whatever speed you were doing (flying was your words). Yet it turns into a parking ticket. If the cop had a good bust, why settle for a parking ticket?

And why are you given the pleasure of driving on our roads and go and call it United Stink? Nice

Another thread gone to hell. I am glad you got the ticket reduced. Seems smarts does outweigh blind stupidity and bull headedness a few could take a lesson from this.

the lawyer was 400.. i only had two options plead guilty or go to court.. so pay a guy 400 dont have to take time off work to travel down to go to court was money well spent.

Depends on the state, mostly depends on the county really. There are some counties that flat out will not deal with you (lawyer or not). I got a ticket I had to fight (cop estimated my speed) and I called 11 firms and only found 1 lawyer that would help me. The rest said "In this county, your best just paying it." The best I got was it knocked down to the max fine without losing my license.

its a cat and mouse game the mouse always looses. The Great United States are ruled by greed, with money you can buy your way out of everything. They were probably thinking this guy in another country is not going to pay and there is nothing we can do about it, what can we do to at least get some of his money? Oh I know send him a ticket for $100 and have the lawyer slip another $100 to the judge we at least got half what we wanted

Money rules the court system everywhere even Canastink.

its a cat and mouse game the mouse always looses. The Great United States are ruled by greed, with money you can buy your way out of everything. They were probably thinking this guy in another country is not going to pay and there is nothing we can do about it, what can we do to at least get some of his money? Oh I know send him a ticket for $100 and have the lawyer slip another $100 to the judge we at least got half what we wanted

I had a buddy who got a seat belt ticket, and was told to fight it for no points. We went over and fought it, they still transferred it over here as a major ticket, and nailed him for 5 points. It was outrageous.....

kv hot,, with the agreement between Canada and the u.s. I have to pay the fine because we cant renew our plate stickers with an unpaid fine. So you are right there is nothing the u.s. can do about it if I didn't pay but the dmv here will do something about it.
And Blanca I was in my car.

Amazing huh? Cop has you dead to rights guilty of a whatever speed you were doing (flying was your words). Yet it turns into a parking ticket. If the cop had a good bust, why settle for a parking ticket?
the cop dosent make that decision the prosecutor does. lawyers with pull in the court house can get anything reduced. the prosecutor can up the fine, reduce the fine or throw the whole thing out. the cop is just the complainant.

the cop dosent make that decision the prosecutor does. lawyers with pull in the court house can get anything reduced. the prosecutor can up the fine, reduce the fine or throw the whole thing out. the cop is just the complainant.

You left out the judge but your finally catching on to this.

Guess it boils down to as long as everyone in the united stink gets paid its all good. Was happy to pay the 100 bucks.

Let me make sure I get this right, you were visiting a country you don't like and referred to it as "united stink". Some of us like it here and know we are going through a rough time right now, but we will spring back. So you were breaking the law and got caught. You decided not to take the guilty plea because you didn't want to be bothered and thought you would attempt to get out of it, you did and are now talking trash about how you got out of the ticket and fine...

kv hot,, with the agreement between Canada and the u.s. I have to pay the fine because we cant renew our plate stickers with an unpaid fine.

When you reference Canada you spelled it properly, although when you referenced the United States you were wrong in your spelling. Just trying to help you out a bit here. Neither one of our nations is perfect here, but if you don't like the U.S. you don't have to come and visit.

I take great pride in my country, even during the low points like we are having now.

and if i got bent out of shape everytime someone on here talked trashabout canada or called canada canaduh or something i would be posting alot. Grow some skin.
Let me make sure I get this right, you were visiting a country you don't like and referred to it as "united stink". Some of us like it here and know we are going through a rough time right now, but we will spring back. So you were breaking the law and got caught. You decided not to take the guilty plea because you didn't want to be bothered and thought you would attempt to get out of it, you did and are now talking trash about how you got out of the ticket and fine...

When you reference Canada you spelled it properly, although when you referenced the United States you were wrong in your spelling. Just trying to help you out a bit here. Neither one of our nations is perfect here, but if you don't like the U.S. you don't have to come and visit.

I take great pride in my country, even during the low points like we are having now.

Back