Macbook & Smart TV

mr8ball

Registered
Hi all, We just bought a 50" Vizio TV and I was checking to see if anyone could tell me how to hook up my Macbook to it. Can it be done wireless? I am thinking I could buy a cable with a USB on one end and HDMI on the other but am not sure about that. What would you guys suggest. I would like to be able to watch some shows through the Mac. Any suggestions?

Are you trying to watch shows from your tv thru your Mac or vice versa?

You can connect it via the PC port on the back of the tv but it's not the best quality. Could Bluetooth to your tv wireless

I have a couple of setups and use them for different reasons. I have a MBP hooked up directly to my 70" Vizio via Display Port / Thunderbolt to VGA cable for an extended screen to surf the internet while on the couch with a wireless keyboard and touchpad. I also use this setup to watch movies.

For my dumb Samsung tv I have an Apple TV for youtube and to stream movies from the MBP in the family room. The Apple TV is somewhat wireless but still needs to be hooked up via HDMI. In my opinion the direct connection to the TV is much better.

Are you trying to watch shows from your tv thru your Mac or vice versa?

You can connect it via the PC port on the back of the tv but it's not the best quality. Could Bluetooth to your tv wireless
We would like to be able to watch some shows that we missed from my Mac to the TV. We missed the first show of Witches of east end. I found it on the net but would love to see it on the big screen. I also have some training DVD's that I need to watch. I have a DVD player but have not hooked it up yet. I was under the impression that with a smart TV you could use it just like the internet. Is that so? Maybe I'm not the smart one on this :laugh: How do I bluetooth it? That would be the way to go if I can. This way I don't have a cord running across the living room :banghead: Thanks for the imput

Back