iOS 7

methodicreign

Registered
I updated my phone last night and I have to say I hate the new iOS. it looks and feels like a child's toy. the fonts are horrible, the look it so different it doesn't even feel like an iPhone anymore. one of the new features is kind of nice. The new way to close apps is easier to use in my opinion but everything is white now, the keyboard, backdrops, menus, and even the yellow notepad has turned white. it's so generic and blah now.

end rant

I like it far better than the old "bubbly" feel of ios6. Much more "adult" looking. Not really digging the pastel colors of some things, but in the grand scheme of things I like it.

I think that iOS7 is all good. I think that it's taken a step forward, I love how convenient it is to adjust the brightness of your screen now. Makes everything a lot easier for me.
The ability to turn and turn off the wifi so easily is going to save me a lot of battery life :p.

I tried the invert colors, works great inside, can't see squat outside....Different backgrounds make for different color toolbar at bottom; i've found a blue isn't too bad. Also upped the default type size and bolded everything which helps some.

lol my buddy said the same thing. he's wishn he never updated it. in fact, doesnt even want the phone any longer as a result. I still hav the original crackberry and cud care less about all the smart phone features. I use my phone to text n talk. I use my macbook for everything else.

Once I changed it like this, I can tolerate it do much more than the default settings.

I'm starting to get used to it in other areas. I like many of the features so much better that there is no way I'm rolling back.

image-2249615188.jpg

image-4233992345.jpg

I turned the brightness way down and that helped with the washed out too much whiteness problem. Its better than invert because you still get real colors.

Professor How did you get to the black back ground?

I took a picture with the flash off and the phone laying on a dark surface.

From there; settings, brightness and settings, then choose the background, then choose the picture you just took.

Noticed a couple things I don't like about it on my gf's phone. Kinda weird that it shows the info on locations of where pictures are taken. At home it shows our street and the nearest cross street. Of course I'm sure you can make it not save that data but any pictures already taken have that info in there.

Also whenever you text and it sends an iMessage it is displaying her email to me, not her contact name.... Gonna have to look into it more....

Noticed a couple things I don't like about it on my gf's phone. Kinda weird that it shows the info on locations of where pictures are taken. At home it shows our street and the nearest cross street. Of course I'm sure you can make it not save that data but any pictures already taken have that info in there.

Also whenever you text and it sends an iMessage it is displaying her email to me, not her contact name.... Gonna have to look into it more....

Turn off locations services..

Back