Train sets

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
Does anybody collect model trains?

I recall seeing some cool slot car set ups...

I have quite the collection of LGB and old school Lionel from my parents / grandparents...it is a pleasing sound to hear the wheels clicking over the tracks even if it is a 3 foot circle...

Here's mine

HPIM7097.jpg

HPIM7098.jpg

HPIM7099.jpg

HPIM7100.jpg

HPIM7101.jpg

Gurrera

HPIM7097.jpg

HPIM7098.jpg

HPIM7099.jpg

HPIM7100.jpg

HPIM7101.jpg

Now that's pretty cool. Never thought about displaying the set I have from my dad. It's an old Lionel on about the same size as the ones in the pic. Thanks for the idea!

Cool stuff! I haven't seen an LGB layout in a lot of years.

I have a couple of boxes of old HO locos and rolling stock from when I was a kid, but no layout anymore. I'd like to have another one at some point. :beerchug:

I was helping a friend clean out her parents house and found some mouse ridden boxes and cars...

At one point I spent a about $1500 on lgb stuff...enough to have something cool outside and around the ceiling in the house...I have yet to do it but for the time being I have a few starter sets...a bunch of track and switches...a few mogul engines and about 20 cars...the detail is so great...the cars light up...doors / windows open...the Carrera car hauler came with two functioning slot cars...a few years ago lgb closed and the prices went through the roof...I am debating selling off some to break even and keep what I really care about.

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

A friend of mine has an entire room setup in one year. I think it 1955? He has a train that runs around and thru a small town. Town is complete with pedestrians and diners and folks inside eating waffles. EVERYTHING you can think of he has.
Some of the pics he showed me are from street level and they make it look really cool. I'll see if I can get a couple from him tomorrow at work. Really is impressive to know he has painted every single thing.

G'day RYC1968, my train set set. Two loco's on the front, one on the rear & 100 ore wagons (only a small train for Western Australia, just over 1km long). You drive the front loco's independent to the rear loco.

Cheers Rich
ACN_zps707af64f.jpg

Well ok...looks like you win on that one!

G'day RYC1968, my train set set. Two loco's on the front, one on the rear & 100 ore wagons (only a small train for Western Australia, just over 1km long). You drive the front loco's independent to the rear loco.

Cheers Rich
ACN_zps707af64f.jpg

Back