So 2 girls go into Wal-Mart with guns

TallTom

Registered
[video]http://beforeitsnews.com/obama-birthplace-controversy/2013/09/video-watch-what-happens-when-a-pair-of-girls-open-carry-in-a-walmart-2467142.html[/video]

I kinda have some mixed feelings here. I think A) the group was baiting the whole response. B) They were within their rights and within the law but they obviously were trying to make a statement at the expense of the general population. C) Wal-Mart or a patron within called the authorities to report open carry shoppers and practically caused the SWAT team to show up. D.) I actually think the cop handled it well expect for one area. Why insist on IDing the no carrys in the group? By and large I think the cops did the right thing and nobody was hurt or taken down and brutalized. Perhaps it was because of the video being done and the cop knew that ahead of time.

I don't open carry. I carry concealed. Still I have had people get upset when they see I have a firearm. I have had cops confront me and check me out and send me on my way. I do my best to not make people nervous, but there is a lot of misunderstood citizens. I won't carry into a bank for instance. Nothing illegal about doing it, I just don't think its wise. But a supermarket and such, I have no problem carrying.

But you would think that anyone open carrying, sort of would be obviously be someone who is doing so legally. I would be less likely to be nervous about seeing an open carry over a concealed one.

It was a deliberate test by the filmers. I believe the officer gets a 'B'; he could have been a little more polite, but once he checked them out, they were left to move on. The police HAVE to respond; this is WAL-MART, after all, a great soft target full of "People of Walmart". The filmers also cooperated with the police and didn't argue with them (they didn't necessarily have to provide ID, but they did).

I absolutely agree the cops HAVE to respond. No doubt they had to figure out what was going on from the call. I have NO debate in my mind there.

If people want to open carry, than so be it, but please dont stage a big deal. It only makes it harder on everyone who carries, regardless of whether they carry open or concealed.

i open carry all the time in Walmart...subway...just about everywhere....I AM NOT BAITING...and nobody calls....just because they turn on their camera's once they realize they are about to be accosted is obviously IN THEIR BEST INTEREST. let me have you read a short blog i did the other day...make you think a little about all this "reports" of individuals who become "alarmed"....

Vehicles kill more people every year than guns. Yet we don't become "alarmed" when we see a Vehicle. We are able to mentally discern the fact that the DRIVER is the one who acts irresponsibly to create the death while USING the vehicle. We have been PROGRAMMED to not be able to mentally discern that its not the GUN it is the USER that causes the death. a gun is nothing but a tool. the same as a vehicle. both have GREAT ability to cause death. but only if used in the WRONG MANNER. just think if we started calling 911 to report a vehicle because we are ALARMED and scared it will be used to cause our deaths......how quickly would we be charged with false reports and crazy would we appear to be??.... and why are those who call 911 to report seeing a gun in a holster are not treated by law enforcement to be equally as CRAZY?? if we see a vehicle running a red light, swerving all over the road, speeding and driving recklessly...we then become ALARMED because it is being used in a DANGEROUS MANNER. when a gun is pulled out of its holster in a environment in where there is no reason for it to be except to be used in a DANGEROUS MANNER. then of course we then become ALARMED. otherwise stop the BRAINWASHING and have a stronger mind than the one you have been TRAINED to have.

If someone came into Walmart with an F150 strapped to their waist, I'd call the cops.. Just sayin'. :whistle:

i open carry all the time in Walmart...subway...just about everywhere....I AM NOT BAITING...and nobody calls....just because they turn on their camera's once they realize they are about to be accosted is obviously IN THEIR BEST INTEREST. let me have you read a short blog i did the other day...make you think a little about all this "reports" of individuals who become "alarmed"....

Vehicles kill more people every year than guns. Yet we don't become "alarmed" when we see a Vehicle. We are able to mentally discern the fact that the DRIVER is the one who acts irresponsibly to create the death while USING the vehicle. We have been PROGRAMMED to not be able to mentally discern that its not the GUN it is the USER that causes the death. a gun is nothing but a tool. the same as a vehicle. both have GREAT ability to cause death. but only if used in the WRONG MANNER. just think if we started calling 911 to report a vehicle because we are ALARMED and scared it will be used to cause our deaths......how quickly would we be charged with false reports and crazy would we appear to be??.... and why are those who call 911 to report seeing a gun in a holster are not treated by law enforcement to be equally as CRAZY?? if we see a vehicle running a red light, swerving all over the road, speeding and driving recklessly...we then become ALARMED because it is being used in a DANGEROUS MANNER. when a gun is pulled out of its holster in a environment in where there is no reason for it to be except to be used in a DANGEROUS MANNER. then of course we then become ALARMED. otherwise stop the BRAINWASHING and have a stronger mind than the one you have been TRAINED to have.

Chris, they STATED they staged the incident to see what would happen....

I believe there's six states that don't allow open carry in the US. Yes, in SC you can open carry on your property and to and from hunting and fishing. Personally I get uneasy around people in the general public and common areas with open carry. Concealed carry posses the same possible danger but I don't know the weapon is there. If you have a concealed carry permit and I can see your weapon are you really carrying concealed ?

I would imagine that if someone was up to no good they wouldn't want you to know they were armed ......

I believe there's six states that don't allow open carry in the US. Yes, in SC you can open carry on your property and to and from hunting and fishing. Personally I get uneasy around people in the general public and common areas with open carry. Concealed carry posses the same possible danger but I don't know the weapon is there. If you have a concealed carry permit and I can see your weapon are you really carrying concealed ?

I would imagine that if someone was up to no good they wouldn't want you to know they were armed ......

The real problem is, there are a lot of newcomers to firearms and OC or CCW in the last few years. Some of them have the training, skills, maturity and mindset to do this...but many of them don't. And it's hard to make solid first impressions. Especially in seconds like LE must. I carry (concealed) sometimes, and OC scare ME when I look at the dress and mannerisms of the person in question.

You can also yell fire in a theater but don't. You may be able to OC but I'm not really sure I agree with it.
I don't trust folks with guns I meet on the range! I usually will watch the people next to me just to gauge their skill level.
A visit to any indoor public shooting range will show you most don't know doodly squat. I'd feel better not knowing they have it. As long as you can carry it I don't see need to carry openly? Chris I'm sorry I don't see the need to OC in Walmart. Unfortunately and especially in today's times people seen with guns make many others nervous. OC is more of an upfront in your face expression of your right whereas concealed is simply the practice of it.

It is up front in your face but its saying to everyone what you believe in. The lady wasnt waving it around or being stupid with it. She was standing in line waiting for food. I wish I would see more people OC. I'm not afraid of seeing people do it because with one look I can tell if I want to stand in line next to them or go get food somewhere else. I see guns just as another tool, that's all.

Hey, if OC is legal, go for it. But remember, that for every action, there are consequences, and the consequences of open carry range from looks and stares, to words, to a friendly (or not friendly) visit from local LE until they can determine that you are not a threat to others....

You can also yell fire in a theater but don't. You may be able to OC but I'm not really sure I agree with it.
I don't trust folks with guns I meet on the range! I usually will watch the people next to me just to gauge their skill level.
A visit to any indoor public shooting range will show you most don't know doodly squat. I'd feel better not knowing they have it. As long as you can carry it I don't see need to carry openly? Chris I'm sorry I don't see the need to OC in Walmart. Unfortunately and especially in today's times people seen with guns make many others nervous. OC is more of an upfront in your face expression of your right whereas concealed is simply the practice of it.
Well, this is a first: An opinion from Blanca that I agree with. The CHL course in Texas has just been reduced to 4-6 hours by our idiot of a governor. There were 16 in the class when my wife and I took it last year and (I am not making this up) only 1 other person there apart from us had ever even held a gun before. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE passed the course including the target shooting test (and the safest to stand was right in front of them). Why have a course or require a license at all?

You mean its not really that good of an idea to have everybody walking around with guns?:laugh:

RSD.

Back