Buying Tools

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
I am gonna break down and do it...
With 5 motorcycles... something is always broken...

Got a $1K (+/- a couple hundred) budget for a new box and tools.
Narrowed the list to three stores:
<ul>Sears - Craftsman[/list]<ul>Home Depot - Husky[/list]<ul>Lowe's - Kobalt[/list]

What recommendations can you provide?

Anyone work on commission at one of these places that wants to make a sell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have the right idea. I was going to recommend Craftsman, mainly because of the hassle-free warranty. Good quality tools as well

Craftsman all the way.....available anywhere and the warranty is unbeatable. Lately, Sears has been having some great sales, I can waste about two hours messing around in Sears tool department, candy store for big kids!!

Sears-take anything back even a rusted p.o.s. 100year old broken socket and they tell you get a new one. No questions asked. Plus Bob Villa is their spokesman and he rocks!
biggrin.gif
just kidding.

Another Craftsman vote here. I have had good luck with them, and you know where to go when you have a tool that needs to be replaced.
Husky is pretty good, no experiance with cobalt, but who knows how long they will carry them?

Try and get a toolbox with roller bearing drawers if you can. They work better after you fill them with tons of stuff
tounge.gif

Yeah sears here but if its a power tool....WALMART. Say tools lot cheaper. Also make sure you get a torque wrench in there too.

I am gonna break down and do it...
With 5 motorcycles... something is always broken...

Got a $1K (+/- a couple hundred) budget for a new box and tools.
Narrowed the list to three stores:
<ul>Sears - Craftsman[/list]<ul>Home Depot - Husky[/list]<ul>Lowe's - Kobalt[/list]

What recommendations can you provide?

Anyone work on commission at one of these places that wants to make a sell?

Here's an idea of what I am looking for...
However, I am flexible and open to suggestions.

Sears.com - Link no longer works

Dude go with Craftsman. I have had a nice set of tools I started building with them since I was 15. They are awesome to work with but the lifetime warranty is NICE. If anything breaks or messes up you walk into any sears and no questions asked they replace it. That is definately worth it to me. You can buy cheaper tools out there but trust me you always get what you pay for.

get the lazer etched ones they make finding the right socket so much easier. But for your odds and end type tools I am telling you harbor freight has a lot of hard to find items for dirt cheap.

+1 on Craftsman... I've got some Husky stuff from Home Depot and it's nice stuff, but I usually go Craftsman when I need anything and Sears has it.
wink.gif

Back