Finally Got To Ride!

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
The last few months have been crazy-busy for me. That plus the unusually high amount of rainfall this year have kept me off the bike for most of the season. Yesterday, Fishhook and I finally had a nice day to hit the Skyway and the Dragon. I know we're not on Busas anymore, but I just thought I'd share a little video of the ride. I had a couple of wonky lines here and there, but we weren't running all out. Overall it was just great to be back on two wheels.

:super:

well we may not have the same taste in bikes but at least we do in music.:laugh: j/k love the ninja and that rip looks fun. :thumbsup:

OMG I'm so jealous. That looked like an awesome stretch of road and in that short clip only having to over-take one car and two motorcycles.

Great video, great road, and great restraint keeping the Kwacks at a reasonable / responsible pace. You're much more disciplined than I :) Our last time down that way we'd just come off the Dragon headed north in Tenn along the lake still in the 45mph zone and was nabbed by a Sherriff for poking along at a leisurely 60mph. He was kind enough to let me go with a warning though......

Side note, I see your 14R is named Fiona, my Busa is also named Fionna! :beerchug:

Great Vid Daniel, I watched every bit. Post up pic of your camera mount I really like the location - it's so low it makes riding the speed limit look so much faster :p

OMG I'm so jealous. That looked like an awesome stretch of road and in that short clip only having to over-take one car and two motorcycles.

Great video, great road, and great restraint keeping the Kwacks at a reasonable / responsible pace. You're much more disciplined than I :) Our last time down that way we'd just come off the Dragon headed north in Tenn along the lake still in the 45mph zone and was nabbed by a Sherriff for poking along at a leisurely 60mph. He was kind enough to let me go with a warning though......

Side note, I see your 14R is named Fiona, my Busa is also named Fionna! :beerchug:

Thanks, Man. This clip was taken in the first few miles of the Skyway going east in Tennessee.

The place where you got stopped is a very popular spot for ticket writing. Blount County,TN covers much of the Dragon, and I would think the majority of crashes up there happen in their jurisdiction. We also saw a couple of them down by the lake on this ride. NC State Troopers are the ones you really don't want to mess with.

Good choice on the name! My wife had the idea to name her after the princess... :laugh:

Princess-fiona1.jpg

Great Vid Daniel, I watched every bit. Post up pic of your camera mount I really like the location - it's so low it makes riding the speed limit look so much faster :p

Haha... Thanks! We definitely weren't flying, but it was fast enough to have attracted unwanted attention. :laugh:

Here's a pic I took before the ride

gopro mount.jpg

Thanks! I wish the rest of you guys could have been there too. You got the message, right?

"Glorious" is definitely what I was going for... :rofl:

But yes, if the weather holds out, let's go Thursday for sure. :thumbsup:

Back