exhuast opinions

kitchener rider

I was cheap, so all I got was a lousy t-shirt
Registered
struggling whether to go with r77 dual carbon slip on or the trc carbon slip on. Your opinons?

I have had the r77 slipons on my 2008 for 4 years. LOVE the sound and the appearance. You will need to do the marble modification (I actually sealed the valve with electrical tape) if you want to eradicate the exhaust popping noises during deceleration.

I had two brothers M-5 shorty's (carbon fiber) on mine and the bad thing about carbon fiber is if you live in an area where Simi's kick rocks up, that's bad. I had to have one of slip-on's re-sleeved because a rock bounced on the freeway and struck my pipe and put a small hole on the bottom left pipe which over time became bigger and bigger until I had to have it re-sleeved. I would guess if it was a titanium or metal type of pipe, that damage may not have happened. Good luck whatever you decide.

Gotta 2nd #1busa and Voodoo and say that you really should get a full system unless there's some reason why you cant...that said, I LOVE my Devil dual highmount CF exhaust! ;)

R-77's get my vote!

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

R77s look like they were made for the bike. They sound great and are not too annoying on the highway to the rider and others. Just remember to repack them every 8-10K or so or they will turn brown. Repacking can be a real PITA but once you get through it the first time it's not so bad. The tail cone will turn a golden color but there is nothing you can do about that because there is no insulation between it and the metal end cap. I got about 15K on mine and they still look great.

just fitted Stainless TRC's with carbon caps to my yellow 13'........look and sound neat.
R77 are great cans...what colour is your bike?

R77s look like they were made for the bike. They sound great and are not too annoying on the highway to the rider and others. Just remember to repack them every 8-10K or so or they will turn brown. Repacking can be a real PITA but once you get through it the first time it's not so bad. The tail cone will turn a golden color but there is nothing you can do about that because there is no insulation between it and the metal end cap. I got about 15K on mine and they still look great.

I'm with E Z on this one. R77's look like they were designed for the Busa whereas the Rounds and Ovals look a little Generic. I'm also considering the V&H CS1's, after seeing a pic if them on Rubbs/Ktowns Busa though I hear they are louder than R77's.

So stupid question here: Any re-tuningor adjustment needed on a gen 2 with removing the stock cans and putting on slip ons or do you just bolt them on and go and she runs great?

Just answered my question with a search. No tuning needed with Yoshi R77 slip ons from what I read in other threads.

Never really want to use the word slip when describing anything about your bike. 2 bros full black x series is my 2 cents

your bike will need to be re-mapped (dyno tuned is best) anytime you do anything to your bike, even just by putting on a K&N air filter or slip ons. I can always tell if a bike has had any adjustment or not if the backfires on deceleration. Without mapping or tuning your bike may make it run worse on certain powerbands.

Back