Finally Found A Car As Fast As My Bike

Sky Rider

Registered
Finally got around to getting my 2000 Mustang GT tuned after having the Vortech Supercharger installed. While we were doing the Power runs we decided to finish it off with one top speed run. The variables for drag and weight were as close as we could gestimate so it probably isn't 100% accurate but... damn. She's making 422HP and 418 FT/LBs Torque.

20130801_100754.jpg

That's an easy one. Not like there is a huge weight difference or anything. Besides I think I'm the heaviest part of my busa. :laugh:

if u own a busa u hav a low 10 second bike and a high 12 second car. car is not as fast as ur bike by any stretch of the imagination but im sure its faster then most cars on the road. nice toyz....

So you ran this thing on the dyno at 180+ MPH? Have you modified anything in the drive line or is it basically stock minus the blower?

I'm certainly no Mustang expert, but I wouldn't think a nearly 3400 lb car with only 260 hp would come with tall enough gearing to reach that kind of top speed. What else is done?

I was wondering if it was a stock motor, type of fuel, & how much boost. Just helped my buddy stop a fuel leak on his 1995 GT coming from aftermarket larger fuel rails on one he just brought, Has Aluminum Victor Heads, Victor Intake, 306 engine, with vortech supercharger. Going to tune on pump gas Will let you know how much it puts down in a couple of weeks.

I'm certainly no Mustang expert, but I wouldn't think a nearly 3400 lb car with only 260 hp would come with tall enough gearing to reach that kind of top speed. What else is done?

He said 422 HP Daniel.. Pay attention. :D

He said 422 HP Daniel.. Pay attention. :D

Yep, but Ford didn't. I don't care how many horses an engine puts out, redline is redline. I'm just saying I'd be really surprised to learn that Ford originally built a 260 hp car with enough gear to reach 180 plus. That wouldn't make much sense.

Again... Not a Mustang expert. All credit to Robert. :laugh:

I'm Running 9PSI while on the dyno. The intake system was ported, Larger TB, Cam, Valve work. Like I said since this was on a dyno it's probably not accurate but I was still impressed regardless. It has stock gearing but I want to go to 3.73 so it will probably drop off significantly.

So you ran this thing on the dyno at 180+ MPH? Have you modified anything in the drive line or is it basically stock minus the blower?

I have an 08 Busa and an 07 Saleen Mustang. It is supercharged (Edelbrock) and tuned to 450HP. Its quick and fairly fast(3.73 gears) but nowhere as fast or sudden as the Suzuki. I havent raced either one, but I agree with somebody above that its prolly a low 12-upper 11 car and a lo 10 bike.Top end has to do with gears. I could do the math but that never tells the tale. I went 140 on the bikeon the freeway and it was effortless in 4th.The Mustang is turning about 2300@ 70 in 5th/ w/ max at 6200RPM. The busa is at 3000 at 70 in top, but will go to 10500 RPM. I understand that folks usually use 5th for 186MPH.
I do love that little, fast 4.6L ford. What a great engine! Feels so smooth, even in stock form. Wont stand more than about 9lb /boost tho. The new 5L will, tho. The mustang at 3500#/450HP= 7.77lb /hp and the Busa@485#and 180HP= 2.69 lb/hp. The bike has much less weight /hp and also has much smaller frontal area.

I'm Running 9PSI while on the dyno. The intake system was ported, Larger TB, Cam, Valve work. Like I said since this was on a dyno it's probably not accurate but I was still impressed regardless. It has stock gearing but I want to go to 3.73 so it will probably drop off significantly.

Nice car either way. It'll definitely surprise some folks.

The 3.73 gear will work perfectly. You will like it. What mileage do you get? Im at 25mpg at 70 after a custom tune

Finally got around to getting my 2000 Mustang GT tuned after having the Vortech Supercharger installed. While we were doing the Power runs we decided to finish it off with one top speed run. The variables for drag and weight were as close as we could gestimate so it probably isn't 100% accurate but... damn. She's making 422HP and 418 FT/LBs Torque.

Nice! Thats almost as powerful as my Subaru Forester. :laugh:

Nice! Thats almost as powerful as my Subaru Forester. :laugh:

And half the rwhp of my supercharged viper which still can't beat a stock hyabusa, sorry 422rwhp in your mustang, isn't going to beat a stock base model corvette, and yes I've had my fair share of mustangs, you'll run high 12's at the track if you are a good driver

Back