SAD but TRUE

RidersNation

Stud Muffin
Donating Member
Registered
Sad to say but today I was an open minded individual.

I read some posts and then got to thinking about something and did a little investigating. I went to a similar site (liken to this one) and did a search and found that, there was some straight Bigotry and hatred. It made me sad because there is so much of it allowed on that site. Lookin up "keywords" brings it all up to the surface. Yes, I know it is only the opinions of alot of "their" members, and it is just ignorance and stupidity that makes up their existence. I am just thankful that I have you guys here and your contributions are real.

I really cannot stomach it, and I have to say that I cannot tolerate it either.

Just my words today, rainy day and messed up.

I hope everyones year is rollin' the way they want it.

Yours Truly
Roy
RsN

One of them days huh
sad.gif

Fact of the matter is that the Internet is an open book...pretty much anything goes...it's up to you to find what's suitable for your lifestyle and beliefs, and try not to worry about the rest of it.  

I have a long list of sites I wish were banned from the planet, but it's because it's caused problems in my marriage, made too many things far too accessible...long story, not worth talking about, BUT, if we allow everyone's individual tastes dictate right from wrong, it would be chaotic...you can't tell one guy he can't say this or believe that, then expect the next guy to do whatever he wants...I hate the rules, but the flipside to the "rules" is that someone may come along and tell me what I like isn't acceptable either...

I don't know, it's kind of nice keeping small-minded people in one place...
laugh.gif
 Oops, didn't mean that...

Just stick with what you're comfortable with...try to ignore the rest...
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "stoopid..."|1107801494 -->

well nitrous... there ait too many sites on the net like this one! There's lots of #### out there. One such fugged up site is lausa.org or some $hit like that. Lots of racial comments there... I really hate them racists
mad.gif

Long live hayabusa.org ... long live captain
biggrin.gif

I know of a set of rules that work perfect for everybody when applied. ;)

except you're always exempt from those aren't you wwjd?
laugh.gif

..... huh ?
rock.gif

hey travis, is your avatar busted? i see nothing

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107837388 -->

I thought "racists" were people who drive fast around a track!!!
biggrin.gif

The only thing I see people getting on others about is when they lie on this board . Its hard to say that you did something on your bike when we all know the stats and all. And I'm only pregidest againt racists.

After looking for info on the busa some months ago, I found labusas, suzukihayabusa.org + this site. This one is the best IMHO. good community, good info + on point. suzukihayabusa.org takes second. labusas is a waste of time + not worth the hassle....

don't let that crap get to you. no sense wasting time and effort on the ignorant...

Fact of the matter is that the Internet is an open book...pretty much anything goes...it's up to you to find what's suitable for your lifestyle and beliefs, and try not to worry about the rest of it.  

I have a long list of sites I wish were banned from the planet, but it's because it's caused problems in my marriage, made too many things far too accessible...long story, not worth talking about, BUT, if we allow everyone's individual tastes dictate right from wrong, it would be chaotic...you can't tell one guy he can't say this or believe that, then expect the next guy to do whatever he wants...I hate the rules, but the flipside to the "rules" is that someone may come along and tell me what I like isn't acceptable either...

laugh.gif

blush.gif
This is one of the most level headed posts I've read on this site! Good on ya VA!!!!

laugh.gif

blush.gif
This is one of the most level headed posts I've read on this site! Good on ya VA!!!!
Awwww....

**sniff**
**sniff**

Thank you...
smile.gif
I was on drugs...
laugh.gif
I'm usually much more, ummmm, b*tchy...
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

When it comes to logging on a reading posts that will make sense, add knowledge, or just make me laugh this is the place. I log onto a lot of sites and some of the posts are really out there. I have and will continue to recommend this site to my friends and pretty much anyone I run into that rides a sports bike. At Hayabusa.org you can state your opinion, hack on someone, get hacked on, and know that know its all fun.

TOO LATE!
biggrin.gif
As much as I do agree with the basic philosophy behind the "Prime Directive":

"As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Star Fleet personnel may interfere with the healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes the introduction of superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Star Fleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation."

... as a part of that culture living on THIS planet, I feel obligated to do what I can to influence people in a direction away from hurting themsleves REGUARDLESS of THEIR OWN KNOWLEGE of consequences for their own actions. To justify this and support it to an extent, I submit to you this:

Life, between birth and death is nothing more than a game. The very best games that are played, ARE good because they consist of solidly defined and fair 'rules'. The rules are fair for all who play. If you don't play by the rules, you are in effect not really even playing the game. Although many might try to make up their own set of rules however they see fit to better fit themselves, EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT HARMING OTHERS, they are no longer in the game. There are many that are in the arena and don't even know there are rules until someone shows them. Say like maybe the POLICE, or people driving yellow hummers setting the world strait.... back in place... back within the rules. And that part has nothing to do with religion. However, we see it everyday.... people playing to their own rules and they fail. Or get corrected the hard way: prison, murdered, hated, beatup whatever. If everyone knew the rules to this game, we would ALL be playing and be having a blast! Some say there are no rules. I say, look again. There are rules, and then there are people doign their own thing, failing and getting back to the rules. I guess I am old enough to have witnessed this over and over and over. Strangley, no one seems to be learning from 'history' like we are told we are supposed to. What to do? KNOW THE RULES. They exist, they are easy, they don't restrict, adn they only make the game so much more fun to play!
biggrin.gif

You all know I am not huge on shoving my religious values into peoples faces, but I do think ALL OF US in humanity have a responsiblity to assist our fellow man in whatever aspect we are able to do. I'm guessing 9/10ths of it comes from parental mental abuse whether we know it, like it or not. Generations follow generations with the same stupid ideals. They don't know the rules. They know selfishness..... as taught to them passed down generationally. So, back to my values pushing... seems to me many, MANY people only come to recognize God after they have run out of options.... when they have no more "self designed" rules that are working for them, they suddenly find God. And his rules work perfectly. Always have, always will. Man's rules are like FAD DIETS: They work great for a month and then someoen invents a new one and you spend more time trying to figure them out and keep up that you yoyo your diet.... or your life.

Just think about it. There ARE rules, and they game is most fun when followed.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107889159 -->

biggrin.gif

The side effects of crack are tragic...
wink.gif

Seriously WWJD...you're point is well taken, even by heathens such as myself...but, to assume that following your path is the way to making everything right in the world is to assume that you know it all...I beg to differ, however, appreciate the effort...
smile.gif

Now, would you please stop obsessing over Anna?! I don't think that's acceptable according to your faith...
laugh.gif
Thou shalt not obsess over sexual icons or something like that (call it the forgotten Commandment)...

I just think she's very pretty. and no it's a joke that just won't die!!!
biggrin.gif

Do you believe in "interventions"?

Back