Snapping turtle?

06BUSA

BlackBird rider, lol
Donating Member
Registered
How long do you have to clean a dead snapping turtle.
Been wanting to try it myself for some time. Buddy mentioned lots of them in his pond. I was gonna trap/fish for one.

Anyway, the crazy sob just called me. Said he shot one last night. It had been getting his chickens.
So its been dead since last night, but tossed in a big tub of clean water.
Can it still be butchered?

It was in the upper 60's last night. Thats when it went in a tub of water. If that meats gonna be no good. It will give me nice practice when I go fish his pond.

That should have been cleaned and chilled immediately. Would you shoot a bird and leave it overnight in 60 degree weather? How about leaving a fish overnight? Never take a chance like that with game.

Ever seen those ducks hanging in the window of those chinese resturants...

Or that meat they have in the markets in those middle eastern countries,the meat they constanly swat the flies away from...

Well hardly anybody ever gets sick eating that shi7...I'd say yer Good-To-Go....:laugh:

RSD.

All I have to say is you must be one LUCKY dude playing those games with all those trophy's!

Ever seen those ducks hanging in the window of those chinese resturants...

Or that meat they have in the markets in those middle eastern countries,the meat they constanly swat the flies away from...

Well hardly anybody ever gets sick eating that shi7...I'd say yer Good-To-Go....:laugh:

RSD.

Yep Ive heard of it and to be honest there's alot to be said about old world meat curing. The difference is the hanging ducks have been gutted and cleaned before hanging. Im guessing the turtle was not cleaned so its gastric juices and bacteria in the gut were stewing over night. Another thing to think about is the immunity from certain bacteria the people in those regions probably have by now. In some cases it might be like giving Indians blankets covered in small pox if one of us were to eat the wrong batch.

Sheldon does not approve of this activity!! :p

Sheldon.jpg

I think we all love animals. It's just that some of us love them next to mashed potatos and gravy.

Back