The "BUFF"

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
Just had to post the most utilized, versatile, and awesomist aircraft... The B-52 Stratofortress or for those that know her the "B.U.F.F."....

B_52.jpg

Gotta Love a Bomber that is older than 90% of those flying her...  40-50 years old allready!!!!  

Not scheduled to be completely retired until 2040 or something crazy like that when the Airplanes will be approaching 100 Year old...  Very Cool...

TINKER AIR FORCE BASE, Okla. (AFMCNS) — After seeing the United States through the Vietnam and Cold wars, the B-52 Stratofortress was destined for the aircraft boneyard.

But when Air Force officials decided to extend the bomber’s life 2040, a Tinker team turned the program around — taking the oldest airframe and driving it to the highest mission capable rate in the Combat Air Forces.[/QUOTE]

B-52 Write Up...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107453407 -->

I'll take two, please, and the free gift bag

Charles... you need to switch providers or something!! ;)

Big ole beast ain't it? Sure could ruin someone's day though, glad its on our side

Just had to post the most utilized, versatile, and awesomist aircraft... The B-52 Stratofortress or for those that know her the "B.U.F.F."....
I was in the AF back in the 80's, I was stationed at Barksdale for a couple of years, we had a bunch of them there. It was cool to watch a whole squadron of them take off during an exercise, the smoke would be so think and black that you could hardley see.
biggrin.gif

Is that Slim Pickens in that picture? I'm sure it's him.....yelling yee haaaaawwwwwww!

Glad to see the old girl is still admired. Worked on one for 8 years in Air Force, loved every minute of it. I figure the BUFF will be around for long time. Trivia here... who knows what BUFF stands for? I figure a lot of you do, but was just wondering.
rock.gif

Glad to see the old girl is still admired. Worked on one for 8 years in Air Force, loved every minute of it. I figure the BUFF will be around for long time. Trivia here... who knows what BUFF stands for? I figure a lot of you do, but was just wondering.
rock.gif
Big
Ugly
Flying
F something?

Got to work with those a couple of years back at Deigo Garcia. One hell of a plane.

I hope you do not take offense to this next question but why are most B-52 crew chiefs complete shid wads. I work in POL and most of the time the crew chief seems like he has a stick up his @ss,

No offense taken. Really can't answer the question though. POL, huh? Wife was POL at Minot for 8 years, worked the flightline and the lab for awhile.

Back