New bike decision

K

kingofengland

Dear Org Jedi,

I wanted to toss out a discussion here. I am looking at getting a new bike, and a lot of the decision may simply be timing and price. However...just for arguments sake, what are your thoughts on going GSXR750, 1000, or busa? I know many of you have a combination of these. It's just me now, but will ride 2up eventually, long day rides occasionally, but live in the mountains. Oh, and I'm 25 so I want something with a high fun factor. Now...GO!

What are you trying to do? What you have said is kinda vague. What are you looking for from the bike?

If only Rooster was as funny as Chris Rock...haha

Ron223, good point. I'm just looking to upgrade from a smaller bike I had. Recreational use, probably no track days. Power to be fun and functional. I'd like to get something that I won't outgrow, but from what I've read that shouldn't be an issue with either three of them.

Mountains? Someone Say Mountains? I will drive 300+ miles to find the most challenging roads for my Busa. Dont fall in to the stereo type of "Busas are only good for straight lines"
GSXR750 isnt even in the same league as a Busa. If you ride a Busa you will be bored on a 750

How much you plan on spending? (You honestly can afford/bike and insurance) Then the type of riding position? (One you know you'll be in most of the time and are comfortable in.) You answered my next ? with.... Passenger friendly, but with typically the only rider. Fairing or no fairing?

A few great all round bikes that I have rode.... FZ1, SV1000s, and Bandit 1200. All 3 half fairing so wind protection, cheaper insurance, comfortable passenger seat, up right riding positon with a more sporty feel, plenty of mods. to make it handle better and stop better if needed, pretty good power over all. There are other that fit this profile that I havent mentioned.

Sport bike, if you are looking for something sportier.... 01-02 GSXR 1000/750. Plenty of power for you, handles well, stops good, and rides 2 up pretty darn good. I had one for 8 years. Its like a mini Gen 1 busa...... each model year after that got got less passenger friendly and storage friendly. Still each model years are darn good machines. Honda's 954 also recommended. Strong engine, handles great, and stops great.

Just a few ideas, the more input I get from you the better you can look for what fits you with our help.:thumbsup:]

Or just get a BUSA!

If no track days, I would go with the bike on the right

Beamer Busa.jpg

The Hayabusa is larger, heavier, and more comfortable on longer rides. It's nice you have the choice, and you can't go wrong with whatever you buy. Good luck!

Earlybird, thanks for the response! Just like at the fall bash, I'm still trying to sort it all out. I really like the sportiness of the gixxers but the busa has serious practicality (long rides and 2up comfort). Does anyone know any single rich chicks so I can have both??? :laugh:

Suzuki is financed my 2012 Hayabusa for 0% APR over 60 months and it was 11,999... Price being on of your deciding factors, I would say this is a good time to buy a Hayabusa.

i owned a bandit 1200s before my busa and loved it!!!!! Great bike, fun and fast, great for long rides and 2 up was great! I got my buse because my girlfriend took it and started to ride.

How much you plan on spending? (You honestly can afford/bike and insurance) Then the type of riding position? (One you know you'll be in most of the time and are comfortable in.) You answered my next ? with.... Passenger friendly, but with typically the only rider. Fairing or no fairing?

A few great all round bikes that I have rode.... FZ1, SV1000s, and Bandit 1200. All 3 half fairing so wind protection, cheaper insurance, comfortable passenger seat, up right riding positon with a more sporty feel, plenty of mods. to make it handle better and stop better if needed, pretty good power over all. There are other that fit this profile that I havent mentioned.

Sport bike, if you are looking for something sportier.... 01-02 GSXR 1000/750. Plenty of power for you, handles well, stops good, and rides 2 up pretty darn good. I had one for 8 years. Its like a mini Gen 1 busa...... each model year after that got got less passenger friendly and storage friendly. Still each model years are darn good machines. Honda's 954 also recommended. Strong engine, handles great, and stops great.

Just a few ideas, the more input I get from you the better you can look for what fits you with our help.:thumbsup:]

Or just get a BUSA!

Well obviously we're all a little partial to the Busa but what struck me in what you said is eventually you'll be 2up and you're living in the mountains... The Busa's power and size will definitely fit that bill and as far as long rides go, you can customize certain things that will make your ride even more comfortable. I have owned a fair share of bikes but when I got my 2000 Busa all bets were off. There was a time I couldn't ride for a while and had to sell it but when I was able to ride again I pretty much knew right away that the Busa was going to be back in my garage. I bought another one--2005 and I'm still lovingit. Lankeeyankee is also right, Busa's can be ridden pretty aggressively depending on your experience so don't feel like you can't carve out some twisties with it and it has power and then some... I think you will be very satisfied ...Good Luck!

Back