Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • Only for legit medical use

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

MoNoXiDe

Registered
So my wife and I were flipping through stations and we stopped on a show called Weed Country. Its about medical marijuana rights etc. Please explain why you picked Yes or No.

I voted no, because we have enough problems with simple addiction in this country as it is. We drive the "stay off drugs" point to our children to no end and then turn around and want to legalize it????

Maybe if we could as a society control our eating, smoking, drinking habits a bit more responsibly, then I might listen.

I voted no, because we have enough problems with simple addiction in this country as it is. We drive the "stay off drugs" point to our children to no end and then turn around and want to legalize it????

Maybe if we could as a society control our eating, smoking, drinking habits a bit more responsibly, then I might listen.

I can only agree to an extent. Yes, we have problems here in america. Will they go away? No! We legalize booze which in my opinion is way worse. You know marijuana is in the same schedule category as Heroin and Meth? That just blew my mind when I heard it. I've never seen someone strung out on the corner because they're out of marijuana. You see this with all other drugs, including legal ones "Alcohol and Perscription drugs"

So in my opinion if your going to make alcohol legal I would go ahead and make marijuana legal. If they ban alcohol, I might agree to change my vote.

My vote is yes, as long as its in a controlled enviroment and regulated like alcohol. More tax money for the country. "It will be here no matter what, why not make money for our country." Gangs / Mafia type groups are getting paid tax free as of now. With it legal, there goes a dent in their pocket! :laugh:

No person has ever been proven to have died from smoking herb.
No person has ever turned violent after smoking it that I've seen.
Alcohol and Tobacco kill millions are and legal.
We are adults and should be able to decide for ourselves.
If smoking a Lil herb is all my kids do ill thank The Lord.

It has many beneficial uses and can aid in the treatment of many things. It is arguably the oldest known cultivated plant on earth as the Scythians recorded using it over 5000 years ago. Their shaman would burn it inside an enclosed igloo type thing on a fire and reveal the world to them.
I will agree it chemically affects your brain. It kills your drive. It does in many ways make your more stupid.
If smoked of course that's not good for your lungs. You will wind up eating yourself out of chocolate and Oreos. The kids will have no milk left in the morning for their cereal. Momma will be pissed. Your life will be hell. :whistle:

The "war on drugs" is a stupid war, ineffective overall and only leads to incarceration of poor people. Studies (including FBI research) conclusively show that minorities and low income folks are incarcerated WAY MORE than similar violaters from higher income sub cultures. You don't have to be a righty or a lefty to see how unconstitional that reality is.
Marijauna, also has NOT been shown to be a "gateway" drug leading to more serious forms of chemical addiction.....that myth has been perpetuated from the alcohol industry and others with money interests in seeing marijauna stay illegal.
BTW, in countries with less agressive alcohol laws (ex Italy) one finds alcoholism rates to be much lower than the US. It seems the more we remove "the mystique" and taboo of something, the less it gets abused, the easier it is to control and the less society gets disrupted (put a father/husband in jail for marijauna use and society blows apart the key wage earner for that particular family, this scenario is pervasive). Also, we then remove the "product" that gets cartel members rich and a book could be writen about that issue, including potential reduction of violence in border towns.
There's more to it than this but that's my take as a guy that worked undercover and as a street cop in the inner city of LA.

The prohibition of alcohol created a criminal organization in this country that persists to this day.

Drug prohibition created similar criminal organizations and strengthened the ones created during the alcohol prohibition era. Some of these newer organizations are wealthier and more powerful than the countries in which they reside. And yet, we persist in attempting to ban these drugs. I include the "hard" drugs as well.

As much money as the drug war costs use, we could easily reallocate that money to helping people get over any addictions to these drugs, educating people on the risks of their use, etc. We allow alcohol and tobacco which cause all kinds of suffering and yet, those problems are far less than the problems caused by the war on hard drugs.

The illegalizing drugs is a cop-out. We don't want to divert resources into researching them and understanding them so we ban them and make their use a criminal offense which has proven to cost us a whole lot more as a society. The damage caused by the ill-advised current law structure is uncountable and truly amazing.

We didn't learn our lesson with prohibition.

As for marijuana, specifically, research has been able to progress, albeit very slowly in the face of the many years of arcane prohibition and we know that it's less harmful than cigarettes, non-addictive from a biological perspective and has a gazillion medical benefits which we have not been able to reproduce in our labs. (It wouldn't surprise me if the pharmaceuticals industry is in full support of the illegalization of MJ and other drugs.) To ban marijuana is to deny those benefits to people who desperately need them.

As for recreational use, MJ is use a LOT, not as much as alcohol but I can recall only a very very VERY few cases where MJ was a factor in any traffic accident. Admittedly, I haven't done any research on that, however.

I don't use it and very very few people I know are using it but the ones who do appear to be mostly unaffected by it.

--Wag-

Last edited:
But with Herb legalized the gumment won't be about to continue the perpetual fear police state we are in.

There is no way I would vote to put more affected drivers on the roads where I ride a motorcycle. Dealing with drunk drivers and all the other distracted ass**** is worry enough. Some one high on pot will just put more of these on the road. Not for me!!

There is no way I would vote to put more affected drivers on the roads where I ride a motorcycle. Dealing with drunk drivers and all the other distracted ass**** is worry enough. Some one high on pot will just put more of these on the road. Not for me!!

Hate to say it but, there out there anyway. Treat it like we do alcohol arrest for DUI etc.

Keith you're a killjoy!

The war and violence along our southern border would probably cease to exist or be largely affected.
Personally I'd rather have folks stoned driving than drunk drivers. Alcohol affects ones ability to coordinate much more so than herb. You get high stoned or whatever on it but can't really over do it. People drink to the point of unconsciousness and still drive. The more you drink the more Effed up you get, not the same with weed.

The only reason it will never be embraced by the govt and legalized is the inability to truly profit from it.
There's no real money in legalizing it as once done it will be easy for folks to grow their own same as any other veggie.
You can't make really good bourbon at home or replicate a good Marlboro so that's why those are legal. Not to mention the costs of health care associated with the two. It's all about the bennies.

:rofl:Potheads are out there driving amongst us everyday. You'de be really shocked to know who's smoking. At every level of employment and education, business owners, government officials, ect.
When do you ever hear of one causing an accident? Not to say it can't or doesn't happen, but it's extremely rare.
You can't compare weed to alcohol either, as they are not alike. The effects on the body are different.
I'de rather ride my bike among 200 stoned drivers before I'de ride between 190 sober drivers with 10drunks in somewhere the mix.
People in general are very misinformed about weed.
To quote Kat Williams, "Drugs are something you have to put stuff in and mix things with. Weed is a plant, and if you should so happen to set it on fire, you get 3 side effects.
Happy, hungry, and sleepy."
Weed can have negative effects...like anything else.
A couple beers or drinks at home, or out anywhere with a designated driver is fine. But get drunk, act a fool, start trouble, drive, ect, all bad. Get it?
If your job is not at risk, and you don't bother anyone else in the process, where's the harm in smoking weed?
Is weed a gateway drug?:rofl:Nope. Addictive?:rofl:Nope. Habit forming? Can be...like anything else.
Is it a good influence for kids or teenagers? Nope. It can easily get you off course, and make you lazy and without motivation at a critical period in life.
Can a responsible adult choose to smoke weed and it not have a harmful effect on their life? Absolutely.
Everything in moderation.
As far as the medical benefits go, there are many. None of which should be withheld from those in dire need of them. Ever watched someone die of cancer? I have.
Weed relives nausea from chemotherapy, gives them an appetite again, and relives stress and pain.
Why would anyone deny that to someone?
There are pros and cons to everything. We need better parenting before we need the government telling us that we can't smoke a plant. All the while they can prescribe us countless man-made drugs; many of which ARE addictive and have harmful side effects.
I smoked my share in my early 20's for several years. A time came in my life where I realized that I needed to quit in order to get a good job and to keep it. And now, to set a good example for my daughter.
If the time comes in the future when I'm retired or don't have to worry about a job, or if weed is legal. And my daughter is grown. Then I may smoke it again, or I may not.
Either way, I don't think it's the government's or the police's business if myself or anyone else choose to do so.
As for weed being classed the same as heroin and cocaine:rofl: That's the same as saying a bicycle and Hayabusa are the same, as they have that much in common. They both have 2 wheels, so the misinformed(aka, know it all idiots)veiw them the same:beerchug:

No. I've never smoked it but have been stoned by "contact". It happened enroute to a euchre tournament and I "woke up" in the middle of the tourney. When I snapped to I was slouching in my chair like no one ever had seen before and that's the first memory I have of the night.

So I don't buy it when people say its safer than getting drunk.

No. I've never smoked it but have been stoned by "contact". It happened enroute to a euchre tournament and I "woke up" in the middle of the tourney. When I snapped to I was slouching in my chair like no one ever had seen before and that's the first memory I have of the night.

So I don't buy it when people say its safer than getting drunk.

As soon as I stop laughing ill explain to you it is all but impossible to catch a contact high, test positive for it or pass out by being near it. Unless they closed you in a box and burnt a pound inside it I'm not buying it. Folks have claimed contact high or positive test by exposure forever and it is constantly proven to them that that just doesn't happen. Sorry

Wow.....I've been Clean & Sober for just over 7 1/2 Years now. I got more screwed up on Booze than anything else I have ever done AND I've done just about all of it. If I have surgery, like I just had rotator cuff surgery, I take No pain medication. The only thing that I have taken for any kind of pain in the last 7 1/2 years is Ibuprofin (Motrin). I've had a bunch of surgeries. I Hate Drugs....And Yes, Alcohol is a Drug. The ONLY reason's that I don't smoke weed are because 1). It's illegal..2). I Love having a Clear head after all the years of abuse and 3). I'm afraid that I would assume my old habits again. NOW, If I had a child, I would Much Rather have Him or Her Smoke Pot than drink Alcohol (Bottom Line)...Obviously, I would rather they stayed clean of everything:please: BUT, That's not being realistic. If I had to vote for something, I would vote YES to weed because I believe that it is the lesser of all evils.:devil: (JUST MY OPINION)

Yes, we can't afford to for it to be otherwise anymore, on a moral, social, or financial level. Really amazes me how anyone can say they are worried about affected drivers yet everyone is typing on virtual keyboard barreling down the road.

The war on drugs is pathetic. Hard to believe with prohibition in our past we continue asinine "wars" to control morality. It's proven all over the world you cannot legislate morality. People do as they wish, just as others would look down their nose at the ones that partake in such taboo acts.

I gotta disagree raydog on the war bring slanted with economic and racial bias or unconstitutional. That's like saying tax evasion or insider trading is unconstitutionally targeting the rich. Not saying your stats aren't a fact which I believe they are accurate. But it's just the way it falls. Poor people cannot get the wayward soul or top notch defense. Mandatory minimums are a big contributor too, multiple minor offenses lead to excessive sentences. Fact also remains there are less under the white collar than wearing one too.

Don't smoke, won't smoke, but the war was lost in the '60's. Legalize, sell it out of state ran stores with liquor. Pull in all the revenue, put American growers to work and tax their wages, put drug dealers basically out of business. Basically , because just like alcohol, you'll always have boot-leggers that sell when the stores are closed.

Marijuana is just a piece of the pie. Don't worry about LEOs being laid off :laugh:

Medical in a private residence only, it stinks and I don't want to be forced to inhale someone else's choice.

Back