New Feature --- Groups

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay members we have been working for some time on a feature for you all called "Groups"

What is it?

Groups are just what it sounds like.. Groups of members with a common idea, topic, location, discussion topic! We created this feature so that you all can break up into small groups and have great discussions about whatever you want and have some control over that discussion at the same time...

A few examples..

Let's use skydivr, tiller and twobrothersbusa.. They go to the track together what seems like every weekend. If they wanted to they could create a group just with the 3 of them so they can share pictures or have a conversation without the rest of the community participating.

You could also see like ideas, a member might create a group called "The Bash 2013" anyone that wants to have a discussion there can join that group....

The topics are endless and you the membership are in control of it with a few limitations.

1. Donating members can each create 5 Groups, members can create 2
2. The Group creator can make the new group private with invitation only or he could make it public where anyone can join.
3. If you don't like a group, you can leave it just as fast as you came in...

The goal is to connect people together with like ideas, beliefs, interest......

This is a work in progress so please be patient and let us know what you think...

cap

You can get to the groups by going to the top of the page and clicking on the community tab, you can click groups from there... You can also go to your profile and click to groups....

where.png

where.png

Last edited:
So we were a family as one now we are going to be put in groups? Feels almost like high school, ok jocks you hang it here, skaters you hang out over there, burn outs you go over that way..

Just my opinion.

So we were a family as one now we are going to be put in groups? Feels almost like high school, ok jocks you hang it here, skaters you hang out over there, burn outs you go over that way..

Just my opinion.

Be nice and folks will want to invite you!

The forum is still going to be here, there are a lot of people that get together outside the forum and have many topics other than what we cover in the forums... This puts the controls in the hands of the members...

I am who I am but this is a forum open community for one to express opinons, views, advice. Once you start groups I believe most will feel they aren't in a group and are being deprived from information. I see you made your decision and you run show rather then a vote and make a decision that would be best for all rather now "groups" its one group hayabusa owners.

Yes close friends members do meet up for rides and those usually share email, phone calls, facebook I thought this is one group of members who enjoy hayabusas and all are entitled to information?

The forum is still going to be here, there are a lot of people that get together outside the forum and have many topics other than what we cover in the forums... This puts the controls in the hands of the members...

You cannot hide the smacktalk threads from me!!!........

wait

or can you! :-(

I am who I am but this is a forum open community for one to express opinons, views, advice. Once you start groups I believe most will feel they aren't in a group and are being deprived from information. I see you made your decision and you run show rather then a vote and make a decision that would be best for all rather now "groups" its one group hayabusa owners.

I can't get members to agree what the fastest color is much less how to run the forum.... If you want to join a group then go for it, no different than walking over to the firepit at the bash or any other group of people, if you don't like the conversation then you leave and go talk to someone else..

The forum will still be here so if you are concerned that people will not feel welcomed then if you are still on the forum then talk to them.. The groups are to enhance the forum not to reduce the information... People are tired of arguing and having people hijack threads, this I know to be true and don't need a vote to know that. People don't know how to keep quiet or be polite so we created a way that people can have a rational discussion or a discussion without any interruptions... We created a nice place for folks to have continual discussions and keep information consolidated..

Go make a group and invite someone!

If you feel this will move the forum foward and would be in the best interest for the majority of members that click on your site I wish you the best of luck in your decision to keep a hand full of people happy.

If you feel this will move the forum foward and would be in the best interest for the majority of members that click on your site I wish you the best of luck in your decision to keep a hand full of people happy.

I have had this site for 13 years now... I'm pretty sure we are able to figure it out...

Best Site On The Internet.......I'm Glad Your Still In Charge Of It......One Day We Will Meet And Shake Hands, And I Can Thank You In Person...:beerchug:

i have had this site for 13 years now... I'm pretty sure we are able to figure it out...

Anyone who wants to talk about LankeeYankee behind his back can join my group! :laugh:

:rofl:They're conspiring against you already Yankee!

But seriously, I'm not really into groups either, but I thought it would be nice to be in a pro-gun group and not have to listen to the anti-gun crowd during the discussion, as we know their opinions and don't agree with them.:beerchug:

I thought thats what the block feature was used for? So now writers can block viewers and viewers can block writers.
I get it now Obama has hijacked Caps screen name and now setting controlling features viewing rights of what we are allowed to view and what we can't. Land of the free and freedom of the org.

Back