We must have some RC car guys around here.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Last Christmas a buddy got an RC drift car as a gift, well, it was back ordered and finally arrived last week. He got it all built and then talked me into buying one too. I took a look on Craigslist and found a similar chassis to his an hour away. So, Fasterfrog008 and I took a trip down to pick it up. Got a decent deal on it, but need a new battery and charger. I picked that up at the hobby store and we were off to the races. I really had forgotten now much fun toys can be. No gun laws or expensive ammo, no tickets for speeding and it doesn't hurt to crash, which happened a lot :laugh:
It looks like my car has an upgraded motor in it, she hustles right along. I've got a lot of research to do to get up to speed with these things, any good forums out there?
We've got 3 cars amongst friends and 3-4 more coming, we should be drift battling in no time and depending how into this I get it'll be another money pit.

ForumRunner_20130218_010559.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010624.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010646.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010708.png

:thumbsup:

ForumRunner_20130218_010559.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010624.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010646.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010708.png

Looking at the pics. I think those are Team Associated TC3'S. nice cars. I was into RC alot back in the 90's. Owned just about any type of car there was. My favorite was the 1/8 scale offroad 4WD nitroxbuggy. 65 MPH on dirt to much fun and why to much money spent on these things.

Yeah I was into them when I was younger but its an expensive hobby and can get quite addictive :laugh: I only have room for one addiction and its my busa :whistle:

I've ran rc buggies, road cars 1/10 and 1/12 nitro and electric. When I started realizing it was costing me each time I went out on tires, fuel, gears, and accident parts I realized I could take this pretend high and buy something real for t. Money I was spending I put my toys back in the box and stored them in the attic.
Fun, yes!
Costly, double YES!!

I use to race a Team RC10 and a Clod Buster with aluminum chassis. Yes it was very expensive as but also very fun. There is always something new and better out there that you JUST HAVE to have.:banghead:

A lot like the Busa.

Have fun with it and enjoy

the new elec cars with lipo batts are so fast....it is a fun hobby. Do you think you will join up with a race schedule or just run them around in parking lots? The racing is fun until somebody else crashes into you

I played with it for awhile but just can't get past it being a toy. Guess i just get bored easy. I have a friend who is really into it but I never caught the bug to the point where i was willing to sink $$$$$$ into it.

Looks like the blue car has been dirt tracking a bit. :laugh:

I currently have the Revo 3.3, Slayer 3.3, and ran the Losi Mini T at an indoor track the last two Fridays. I actually got a little lucky and won the first heat race.

I played with it for awhile but just can't get past it being a toy. Guess i just get bored easy. I have a friend who is really into it but I never caught the bug to the point where i was willing to sink $$$$$$ into it.

So, Um, What's wrong with toys? :poke: :laugh:

the new elec cars with lipo batts are so fast....it is a fun hobby. Do you think you will join up with a race schedule or just run them around in parking lots? The racing is fun until somebody else crashes into you
Not sure yet, the local shop have a lil over and a dirt track off site they run at, Ill just have to see how deep into this i get. Id definitely like to stick with it, but now have it turn into a huge cost, after the car and the Busa, this Rooster is already broke:laugh:
Looks like the blue car has been dirt tracking a bit. :laugh:

I currently have the Revo 3.3, Slayer 3.3, and ran the Losi Mini T at an indoor track the last two Fridays. I actually got a little lucky and won the first heat race.

Oh yeah, Its too cold outside so we were running the in a buddies body shop, had us a nice little course set up around the lifts:thumbsup:

Yeah I was into them when I was younger but its an expensive hobby and can get quite addictive :laugh: I only have room for one addiction and its my busa :whistle:

The last RC I had was when i was 16, still have it, but its slow! Fortunately, the Viper body and even the wheels mounted up to the new car, I knew I kept old stuff for a reason.

Looks like the cleaner one is a brushed setup. If you want more power and longer run times look into a brushless speed control and motor kit.

image-4044738507.jpg

I still have toys too.

image-4044738507.jpg

I dug these ol bikes out of the garage a couple weeks ago and knocked the dust off. You probably know the dirt bike, but I've never seen another GSXR 1000 quite like this. I picked it up soon after I purchased my '03 1000.

Check out the size in comparison to the chest of drawers.

Then the Slayer and the Revo. I also had a Jato that was in one of the RC magazines after I custom painted the body.

rc bikes.jpg

rc revo.jpg

rc slayer.jpg

You probably know the dirt bike, but I've never seen another GSXR 1000 quite like this. I picked it up soon after I purchased my '03 1000.

I got one of the GSXR's in a closet somewhere. It is a big boy for a toy, just as big as my 1/5 scale cars & trucks so I'd guess they like 1/4.???

Now you just need to get into multi-copters. I just built a 450 quad a few weeks back:

450 Quadcopter - Imgur

I have a pair of Fatshark head tracking first person goggles to go with it. Just waiting on a long range radio so I can fly around (should have close to a 3 mile radius)

Quick flight...
quadcopter with KK2.0 board - just tuned - YouTube[/url]

I had to dial down the power by 60% because it was far too fast. Batt life is ~12 mins on a 2650 mah lipo. I wired 2 in parallel and got 17.5 mins flight time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those off roaders are sweet, makes me wanna jump stuff. Oh, and I have no business with a helicopter :whistle:

We have a body shop and lifts at our disposal, we cleaned up so we play with toy cars, but there is a lil something hiding in the paint booth :whistle:

ForumRunner_20130218_165335.png

ForumRunner_20130218_165335.png

Haven't done r/c cars in a long time, I like things that fly.

image-1709172317.jpg
AR Drone 2.0 with indoor hull

image-3561279211.jpg
AR Drone 2.0 with outdoor hull

image-769513505.jpg
Heli max 1sq quad rotor

I had a Trex 450 but sold it last year after watching it collect duat for a while

image-1709172317.jpg

image-3561279211.jpg

image-769513505.jpg

Back