Bought a new Kamado kooker

Big Bo

Registered
Amazon.com: Char-Griller 16619 Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I built and UDS, Ugle Drum Smoker and have used it, and love it. Also have a gas BBQ unit. but I wanted and Kamado style cooker and got a smoking deal on a Char-Griller Akorn. They cook a little differently from your usual gas grill. These units will cook from 200* for low and slow, to 700* for high heat searing. You can also cook pizza on these types of units. I have not told my son about the pizza yet. :laugh:

Tonight it gets its maden voyage. I went this route, instead of a ceramic unit after watching JMS`s videos on Youtube. If anyone is interested I will post a link to JMS`s videos.

Kamado Kooker (Akorn) Grill/Smoker Review Part 1 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
GIXER it worked great. I seared rib eyes for the son and I. 600* and the steaks were ready and cooked exactly how I like them. Cooked rib eyes again and the same results.

Cooking a chicken this Thursday.

For the Super Bowl I am doing chicken wingetts. 1 can of chipolte peppers and 1 bottle of bbq sauce plus 2 table spoons of honey into the blender.
this will be the mopping sauce. I like it spicy. I will also do a batch of Atomic Buffalo Turds. Yummy.

Back