Woo Hoo!

vman1300

Never Forgotten
And I can't wait! After a miserably cold week, I am so looking forward to getting away. Wife and I are headed to Vegas the last week of Feb for a few nights.

We are planning on staying a couple of nights in Atlanta before we fly out on Feb 28th, Train you wanna get together for some grub on Sunday night the 27th? Or even when we fly back in on Friday.

This will be our 1st time there. We have tickets to see two Cirque De Soleil shows, "O" and "Mystere". I am sure we will find a million other places to go in the next few weeks.

Any of you been there or live near there? What else should we do while we are there?

Is it Feb 26th yet, lol.

Not sure, Doc isn't around much but I'm sure he would have a few good tips. Pretty much sounds like you go tit planned pretty well..

The Cirque shows should kick butt.
thumbs-up.gif
Have a good time man...

Vegas is so much fun, for about 3 days...then you find yourself broke, hungover and contemplating selling your body for more chips at the table...

Have fun...
tounge.gif

Where are you guys staying?

Not sure, Doc isn't around much but I'm sure he would have a few good tips.  Pretty much sounds like you go tit planned pretty well..  

thumbs-up.gif
 Have a good time man...
Ummm, there's some grammatical error up there Rev...and I'm immature today and laughing...sorry, can't help it...

I'm so childish...someone, please, send help...

thumbs-up.gif
 Have a good time man...
Cirque shows are great. When we are in Orlando, wife wanted to go and see La Nouba. I asked her what is was, she told me "its kinda like a circus". I was against paying $70+ a ticket for a "circus". Like any woman who know how to get her way, she "convinced" me to go.

All I could say is WOW! I sat there the entire show in amazement. And yes I did get the "see I told you so" !!!

Vegas is so much fun, for about 3 days...then you find yourself broke, hungover and contemplating selling your body for more chips at the table...

Have fun...
tounge.gif

Where are you guys staying?
Selling my body? I cant even give it away, lol.

We are staying at the Excaliber on the Strip.
That's where we stayed two years ago. It was nice...Luxor is my favorite place to stay though...

You'll have a blast...it's so overwhelming and amazing at first, then you start needing sleep...and cash...
smile.gif
You two have fun and take pics!

We were trying to decide between the Luxor and Excaliber. We went with the Excaliber simply due to it being $180 cheaper for the stay. Staying there at least will save enuff money to pay for one of the Cirque shows.....

Yeah, that's pretty much how we ended up there too!
smile.gif

We went to see Carrot Top when we went years back; he's worth going to see if he's there...George Carlin too!

The Luxor used to be $79/night when they first opened, if you can believe that! They've bumped that up a bit in recent years...

mad.gif

Oh well! I am sure we will go back in a few years. This was just a last min trip. We didnt want to go to any of the beaches due to Spring Break. Those would have probally been too crowded....

Woooooooo I'll be there before you do!
tounge.gif

LOL...I going to Vegas for my b-day, from Jan 26th until the 30th. Got the tickets to go see the new Cirque Du Soleil...KA.
biggrin.gif

Hope you have maaaaaad fun!

Btw...it will be my first time over there.
wink.gif

dood...Vegas is my favorite destination!!! It's Vegas week on Discovery channel, I'm sure you are watching. We'll be there in March. Every year. Go back and visit my money....have fun!!! DO NOT FEED THE HOOKERS, they will follow you home.

Vegas is okay to vist, but I hated growing up there.
The excaliber is right next door to the Luxor, so you aren't loosing much there - they are both pretty cool. The excaliber has all the stuff down stairs for the chillins (if you have any).
You are seeing two of the four Cirque shows in Vegas, the other two are Ka at the MGM and Zumanity (more of an adult show - as I recall there is a little nudity and erotic themes) - I don't remeber where that one is. Check your tickets, both Mystere and O have a lot of high flying air stuff going on, so seats a little farther away from the stage are better so that you don't have to crane your neck. I would make sure that you check out the Fremont Street Experience (The old strip has been sort of enclosed) Try to get out and see the Hoover Damn (if you are into that sort of thing. If you like shopping there are several Malls
In Henderson is the Galleria, Vegas has the Boulevard (most kid friendly) Meadows (most out of the way) and the Fashion Show (on the strip) most up scale....there is also the Forum Shops at the Ceasar's Palace (very expensive) and most of the other hotels have shopping areas in them. There is a Guggenhiem Motorcycle museum exhibit (yes - a Copper Busa is in there) at the Venetian.

I was just back home for a month, so if you have any questions, maybe I can help.

Errrr.
Shawn

Woooooooo I'll be there before you do!  
tounge.gif

LOL...I going to Vegas for my b-day, from Jan 26th until the 30th.  Got the tickets to go see the new Cirque Du Soleil...KA.  
biggrin.gif

Hope you have maaaaaad fun!

Btw...it will be my first time over there.  
wink.gif
My boss just got back two weeks ago. He said KA is good, but his favorite there is "O". If we can get decent seats we may go and see KA as well. Let me know what you think once you have see it.....

dood...Vegas is my favorite destination!!! It's Vegas week on Discovery channel, I'm sure you are watching. We'll be there in March. Every year. Go back and visit my money....have fun!!! DO NOT FEED THE HOOKERS, they will follow you home.
Yep we have been watching. Dont feed the hookers, lol. My mother in law wanted to know why we were going to Vegas...

I told her wife is going for the gambling and I am going for the prostitution. Her face was priceless......

Vegas is okay to vist, but I hated growing up there.
The excaliber is right next door to the Luxor, so you aren't loosing much there - they are both pretty cool.  The excaliber has all the stuff down stairs for the chillins (if you have any).
You are seeing two of the four Cirque shows in Vegas, the other two are Ka at the MGM and Zumanity (more of an adult show - as I recall there is a little nudity and erotic themes) - I don't remeber where that one is.  Check your tickets, both Mystere and O have a lot of high flying air stuff going on, so seats a little farther away from the stage are better so that you don't have to crane your neck.  I would make sure that you check out the Fremont Street Experience (The old strip has been sort of enclosed) Try to get out and see the Hoover Damn (if you are into that sort of thing.  If you like shopping there are several Malls
In Henderson is the Galleria, Vegas has the Boulevard (most kid friendly) Meadows (most out of the way) and the Fashion Show (on the strip) most up scale....there is also the Forum Shops at the Ceasar's Palace (very expensive) and most of the other hotels have shopping areas in them.  There is a Guggenhiem Motorcycle museum exhibit (yes - a Copper Busa is in there) at the Venetian.

I was just back home for a month, so if you have any questions, maybe I can help.

Errrr.
Shawn
Thanks for the info. No kids here, we are DINKS, dual income no kids, lol.

We called to reserve our tickets for both shows for that reason. If I was just booking online I would have tried to get as close as possible. We have seats in the 2nd section back from the stage for both shows. The person taking the reservation said there were great seats and we will be able to see everything.

Zumanity is at New York, New York if I remember correctly. I have seen a little on that one and I am still undecided on seeing it.

Motorcycle museum is a must see.

Thanks for the advice.

Back